Aerodeck Styling

djmca2008

Tuner
Car
Civic Aerodeck D16
Hi all, just want to know if anyone can come up with some brainwaves about styling for my 98 Civic Aerodeck. Its the 1.6i non vtec so body kit is non existant. I have 15" black with chrome alloys and lowered with privacy glass but id like a little more to make it look special. Been trying to find a nice roof tip spoiler but cant get one anywhere. I want different but subtle, any ideas?

hi pal i have a 1.8 vti aerodeck n thay cum with abit of a body kit but the best kit for the aerodeck is the vtis and for the spoiler i don't know.
if you want to see wot it looks like im goin to put sum pics up at the weekend then that may give you an idea on how it looks.

Good look in finding wot you want

Cheers, yeah id like to see the photos and then il know what im looking for. Im finding it hard to get the vtis lip but il keep looking. The spoiler is a hard one, never seen anything different but im sure something will fit.

ok pal i will look out for a lip as we have a few good jap scrap yards and as for the spoiler let me know if u find owt

aerodeck's rule

Cheers, scrap yards are crap over here and they charge a fortune. Gonna try a few spoilers from other makes so il let you know. Saw an old brochure from mugen on ebay earlier for the Aerodeck. Shows the Jap version with full bodykit, funky! Item No. 170321212428, check it out. Deep bumpers, sideskirts and rear spoiler, getting hold of any of the gear will be hard though.

Body kits are definitely no for Honda's! You are probably best looking for a lip kit for it. Then drop it on it's ass. After 2 more posts you can add pictures to this thread (and any other thread) so get posting, then add some pictures so we can advise a little better. :D

Yeah, i just want some ideas for subtle mods. Have spotted a front lip should should be adding that soon. Its just that the back looks really plain and boring compaired to the rest of the car, i think a roof tip spoiler would finish it nicely!

finding front lip of the vtis is like good dust or people are looking for to much money,iv been looking for time for the whole lip kit.People just want to much for them.

Thats cause they know there hard to find. How much is about right price? Ithought you would have one fitted O.E if yours is a vtec

A mate of mine broke a vtis and a guy bought the whole kit 4 £210.I did get hold of 1 for £130 the whole kit,ask him to end the auction early.Was well happy,of e bay.Then got a message of him saying hed promised it some one else.I thought yeah right,And guess what.Found him advertising it next day on a honda forum.Didnt think i was a member on their.Thought you w%%K%r:mad:.I suppose it depends what your prepared to pay.But they do look nice with the kit

Yeah ive found one and the guy said he d do it for £135 including p&p to here so ive emailed him again to say il take it and i havent heard back from him yet!!!

This is my motor so far. Any thoughts please?!

Attachments

• torque 1.jpg
    torque 1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 8
  • torque 2.jpg
    torque 2.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 10
Looks nice. Personally I would de lock and de badge it making it more stealth. You could also remove the trims and go with a smooth euro look but I know a few of us hate the euro look on a Jap car.

De-orange the front indicators too,I would spray up the silver on the grill to same colour of the car and blacken the honda badge and slam it more.Wheels are sweet and id want the arches over the tyres abit.Otherwise its nice mate.where did ya get your mud guards.

Cheers mate. I have de badged it now and my Vti s lip arrived today so its goin on as soon as i get it painted. How do you de orange the front indicators? I want it lower but those are Jamex springs i got, are a -35mm drop and ive already cut 1 x extra coil of the front. Anymore and id prob have to get shortened shocks. The mudflaps were on it when i bought it, they are factory Honda jobbies but they do look well on it.

THeir is a little orange film in the light to get rid of then put the bulb in.I havent done mine yet but will be having a go.Iv been reading up on it and how to do it.

Will taking the orange film off and putting silver bulbs in pass MOT? I putthe clear side repeaters on recently and made sure they were road legal and E marked because they are so tight now @ test time.

Cheers mate, have checked it out and asked the guy about some stuff so will wait for a price!

as far as i know just as long as they flash orange they should pass as normal.always look on their mate.You can pick a few bits and pieces up.

Got the Vti-s front lip, am tryin to bargain with the guy for the sideskirts and rear bumper lips cause he is looking £300 for them! Bit much i thought for 2nd hand stuff. Il give that site a go thanks.

yeh thats abit steep mate.Dont wanna upset ya but i got the skirts and back lip £45 bargin:D.Now just looking for the front lip.

Yeah that is a bargain. I ended up payin £170 for them and still have to get them painted! The guy has a spoiler for the aerodeck, the type that sits @ the wiper level across the bottom of the rear window. Never seen one before until he emailed me the photos, not sure about it. Not sure whether it would look good or crap. Anybody ever seen it?

This is the spoiler im talking about. Any thoughts, yes or no?

Attachments

• vti 2.jpg
    vti 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2
They are 45s. Was told that if i was lowering it it would be better incase they scrub

cheers dude, was gonna go with 50's with a 40mm drop on std 15's, but the 45's look sweet!