a3 remap?

cam

Car
Audi A3 1.8T Sport
hi, iv been thinking of getting a remap for my 1999 audi a3 1.8t sport and when i eventualy phoned up the place i was going to go, i was told that they could only remap 2000 and onward models.
It was a place called power tune scotland and there were pages upon pages of good reviews on the website, the guy then told me he could come pick up my ecu and have it sent to birmingham to be chipped to the same increase. but i would rather not have it chipped as i have heard different opinions on these and would much rather the remap, could it be that this guy just doesn't have the software or is there anyone that knows about the 1999 model?

Thanks in advance. cameron

I'm pretty sure a 99 A3 can be remapped through the OBD port. For a lot of cars the port was altered in 2000 that allowed remaps but Audi introduced the updated ports a bit sooner.

I know for a fact that a friends 1999 S3 was remapped through the OBD port by Revo so perhaps it's a matter of checking with another remapper.

Why not try Awesome GTi in manchester? They can do a good job for you.

Awesome gti are recommended by me as well.
there are some places that cant map the earlier ones for some reason

rather than you having around a 3 hr drive to manchester thy giving http://www.starperformance.co.uk/contact.htm a shout
theyre only around an hr north of you. i did look at them to map mine but awesome were closer - 2hrs on the motorway, and had an offer on at the time

thanks mate, still not had any time to speak to any of these places, but i better get on it soon.
cheers. cam.

Hi,

Yes the Audi 1.8 Turbo can be remapped through the OBD from 1998 onwards. Sometimes these ECU's can be a bit quirky, from time to time we find one we simply can not do through OBD, but is no problem add we remove ECU and do the remap on the bench.

John

Hi,

Yes the Audi 1.8 Turbo can be remapped through the OBD from 1998 onwards. Sometimes these ECU's can be a bit quirky, from time to time we find one we simply can not do through OBD, but is no problem add we remove ECU and do the remap on the bench.

John

Cameron, I've just had it done on my A8 and no problem with it, or with John (JFA) ;) :):) , just a great service really.

All the best and good luck with your remap