A3 Lowering???

woodmeister

Car
audi a3 1.8t (150)
Heys guys, since you've been such help so far, i thought i'd throw another one at you.

As you know i have a 1999 A3 1.8T Sport, as per my other threads i am currently making a few mods, both on the engine and styling/handling.

My question is- i am going to replace the stock wheels with RS6 five spokes 225/40/18, so will probably need to lower the car to get the right look/handling.

Will the standard lowering spring kits that you can get for the a3 do the job, OR because my a3 is the sport, do they only lower from standard a3 - a3 sport level, do i need to lower at all?

i only ask because i havent found a set of lowering springs specifically for the sport, they just say a3 or s3

Has anyone got any pictures of an a3 t sport on 18's with standard suspension?

cheers

Only by about 10-15mm. If you are happy with the ride quality then just get the wheels and then decide if you still want to lower the car. I think they will fill the arches nicely as it is.

yea the a3 sport is lowered by 15mm compared the the standard spec, the sport has the same suspension set up i think to the s line, n the s line has the 18s. i think it will be fine standard mate! i have been looking for a lowering kit too but i only want mine lowered like another 15mm but the lowest i can find is 30mm n thats too much!

thanks boys, thats bang on what i wanted to hear :D! I basically want to keep the ride as standard, and look fairly close to factory, but i just love the rs6 style wheels, i think they give a really meaty squat look to the a3. I will stick some photos up when i have got them on!!

thanks again, advice from people in the know is much appreciated. :p