A/B road Vs. Motorways

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
Ok given the chance would you rather use an A or B road rather than the motorway ??

me personally i prefer using the back roads when possible. Motorway are just boring as they are stright with nothing to keep you occupied. when your on a back road you've to watch out for other cars coming the other way when overtaking, you've also got the corners. :blink:

So what do all you prefer and why ?

Depends on the purpose of the journey. It's getting ever harder to enjoy motorways with ever more rigorous speed enforcement. Boredom and fatigue might well become contributory even bigger factors in m/way accidents if things don't loosen up a bit.

I sometimes take A|B roads if the route is significantly shorter than the motorway. The challenge then is to complete the journey more quickly as well.

If you want a fast section of motorway try M40 southbound from Junction 9 (A34 Bicester) to Junction 2. If you're much below 90mph you're in the way. 115 is not uncommon during the ride.

It's also very unregulated - little Police presence.

depends onnthe journey - yeah a/b can be more fun but equally more frustrating - depend son time of day etc

I sometimes take A|B roads if the route is significantly shorter than the motorway. The challenge then is to complete the journey more quickly as well.

If you want a fast section of motorway try M40 southbound from Junction 9 (A34 Bicester) to Junction 2. If you're much below 90mph you're in the way. 115 is not uncommon during the ride.

It's also very unregulated - little Police presence.

Sounds like my kind of road tbh.

I prefer back roads/A roads most the time - but then I dont do much motorway driving. Frankly the twists and turns are fun. :)

A twisty A|B road wide enough for 2 cars gets my vote. The narrower roads with passing places scare me. I've had too many near misses with skidiots coming the other way. Motorways are good for cruising distances but I'd give anything for a wormhole or teleport when you are talking major distances.

A twisty A|B road wide enough for 2 cars gets my vote. The narrower roads with passing places scare me. I've had too many near misses with skidiots coming the other way. Motorways are good for cruising distances but I'd give anything for a wormhole or teleport when you are talking major distances.

couldn't agree with you more there bud.....