4X4! Don't Make Me Laugh!!!!

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
All year round these tofu eating tree hugging tos pots have been slagging off 4X4's and complaing they don't have a use in this country. They have put the tax up on them. Charged them more for fuel.

Now who is laughing??

There have been many radio broadcast's begging owners of 4X4's to help out them in need. Begging anyone with four wheel dirve to come forward and deliver food and supplies to poeple who are starnded. Not just old people but anyone who is stuck in there homes in North Scotland.

I would offer to help out, but the local councils would even pay for your fuel to go up the the locations, so why should I? £250 tax a year, £3500 fuel a year, bad looks off people when I'm driving about, hippys telling me I'm mealting the ice caps......

Just goes to show, you should watch what you say to people, as you never know, you may need them in the end.

Im doing my bit for the community. I always try and complete a 180 degrees hand break turn at the bottom of my street to try and clear some snow away! Then excelarate as hard as I can to turn the snow from white to black after my dump valve releases. This is in aid of the colour blind, incase they cant see white!! :D

I live to give me.

The anti 4wd bunch are stupid. Students who have to rebel against something or other.

They go round plonking 'greenie' stickers on basic 1.6 TDi Freelanders (which are usually oeprated in 2wd mode and are also pretty parsimonious with fuel) yet ignoring Audi S4s which are true full time 4wd V8 petrol motors and are pretty thirsty.

This country is nearly still a democracy and as such you can drive what you like as far as I am concerned. I'm not convinced by the eco argument anyway. Mankind is not strong enough to wreck the Earth. Render himself extinct, yes, but not destroy the planet.

So whether you need a large 4x4 for towing horseboxes about across fields (and why shouldn't you, it's a free country) or simply like them for on road use that's fine by me.

I'm not a fan of them on road but we're all entitled to an opinion.

O yeah, one further point: All these bloody students hammering the climate change thing. What do they do in their 'gap' year(s)? Take a flight halfway round the f***in' world and back. That's a really good way to conserve fossil fuels and moderate Co2 emissions.

Over and out.

there are those who use 4X4s out of necessity and those who use them as status symbols and it's these people who are giving a bad name to everyone else who uses them, if i had a need i would have one without a second thought,

I to am not convinced that the green brigade have a clue what they actually want,
everyone to drive around in electric cars that have a range a fraction of that of a normal car and having to charge them up four times as much? does that make them more economic? I don't think so

get a real job ya hippies!!

everyone to drive around in electric cars that have a range a fraction of that of a normal car and having to charge them up four times as much? does that make them more economic?QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that would defo make sence to these hippies. It would stop us using all the fossle fuel, because you would fill it up with lovely electric. And we all know electric is made by all the pretty little pixes dancing around in happy land!

Clever my arse.... Knuckle heads sounds a bit closer to the mark.

If people want 'em as status symbols that's their choice. It'll only impress those who aspire to the same thing.

One thing that does want watching is the folks who believe they're safer than proper cars.

1. The handling and general driving dynamics are hugely inferior to a sporty large saloon or wagon.

2. The EuroNCAP collision performance is nothing special.

Shouldn't this be in the rant room? :toung:

Most of these so called 'green' brigade followers see the world through rose tinted spectacles and nothing else. They are the definition for hypocrite.

I'm more than happy with my 4x4, does exactly what I want of it and in this glorious weather it is just what I need for the daily 70 mile commute, if I don't go in I don't get paid.

Even my brother-in-law who runs a BMW as a company car is considering a 4x4 for his next car as he has had enough of being stranded and stuck in this weather. He needs to get about in his job and racks up around 60k miles a year travelling.

I'm more than happy with my 4x4, does exactly what I want of it and in this glorious weather it is just what I need for the daily 70 mile commute, if I don't go in I don't get paid.QUOTE]

I'm sure your happy as a pig in poo. I would be. And If I owned a Disco and got a knock on my door asking me to deliver some bread to a stranded person I would want some things first.

1 - Tax refund
2 - Fuel paid to go and a full tank on return
3 - An MBE

If they said no, then I would spark up a nice Lambert and Buttler and shut the door.

Last January I had a few requests from friends and neighbours asking for assistance, I never asked for anything in return but was paid in either some fine alcoholic beverage or the Mints finest paper.

Anyway owning a 4x4 means you don't need just snow to get around obstacles!

I quite like the stickers 'don't follow me, you won't make it!'

It's the same story when places flood, who regrets not buying a boat when that happens, i know i would :lol:

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: I'd love to be the smug git when that happend.:bigsmile:

''So Mr Patterson, hows the Crossfire going? Oh, whats that its underwater, shame you complained so much about me parking my boat 2 inches on your land, or I would have given you a lift!''

i used to belong to southeast 4x4 responce well sort of still do
is a country wide thing hospitals police coastgaurd ect can ring in if they need help
the start of the year we had loads of calls getting the dr's in ect witch no one minds helping as they are saving lifes
but got no money back from the council the dr's always gave a little to cover fuel
but now we can claim all the fuel back

but i do hate the anti 4x4's that hate them in the summer but love them when they need them

when ever it snows round here always knock on the doors of the fit and the old people to see if they need food or milk ect
is what i have always done since i was young as at the end of my road there are hills and only a 4x4 will get up and down them and never take anything off them

one thing we was talking about at work today if i lived in scotland i would own a 4x4 as every year it snows and if its not snowing its raining so you need a 4x4 lol

That's why the sensible people who have abandoned that rat race and who have moved to the Scottish Highlands always have access to proper winterised 4x4's.

They're well prepared for the winter, every winter. It's no surprise to be snowed up.