206 exhaust

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
Ok, im looking for a backbox for my 206 its only a 1.1 so im not looking at power gains looking for a better look and a nice (NICE) sound dont like wet farts much. I can spend a bit of money on it. I have heard of people getting custom boxs from companys where they can tune the sound. I want sumthing with a quiet rumble but if i hit the pedal some noise not a fan of loud exhausts or big ones just a round 3" or somthing.

Anyone know of any good companys/websites i can get intouch with.

Also looking at getting some 17" alloys for my 206 but what thickness should they be, they are pcd 4x108 offset 20/25 bore 65.1 fittings B12x1.25 sorry dont have a clue what any of that is.

yeah powerflow find the dealer closest to you and give them a call.

width on the wheels look for the packages that come with tyres and go for ones with as close to the same as youve got the now (1.1 aint got much power so your not wanting more traction. and a member on here change wheels on his clio and lost a lot of economy through it)

the PCD - Pitch Center Diameter - is the distance from the middle of 1 stud to the middle of the opposite one ( or where the oposite would sit in a 5 stud )
Offset is the centre of the wheel to the plate that goes to the hub 20 is quite low

Bore is the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel

Fittings are the wheel nuts in other words yours have 12mm shaft with a 1.25mm thread

you should be alright 4x108 is pretty common and if you get near enough the same offset you standard bolts should be alright if you dont get any with the wheels

yea most on ebay had 25 not 20 ill give my local dealer a ring about the exhaust will they fit or should i, i have a few skills when it comes to cars never put an exhaust on though, is it easy ?

it easy to do but as they will have to take of your old one to get the flange and weld the new back box to it, they will do it all. fittings included dunno how long it would take for a back box alone but it tok nearly 3 hours to make my flexipipe back system for the prelude.

a larger offset isnt bad, as long as its not massivey off. if its smaller than standard you risk the chance of the alloy clipping the brake calliper. 25 should be fine.
wouldnt buy of ebay alot can be knock offs

oh on that cataloge i like a few err, Ri,Vi and RAS is my fav on there looks nice and its 3" do they do custom sounds or do they sound nice ?

wouldnt buy of ebay alot can be knock offs

Yea i was just having a look. I think a set of 17 black rims would be lovely behind some new vented brakes, but i know all this is for performance i just want my car to look nice.

Also the fuel economy wont bother me aslong as its not massive i can understand that a heavy set of wheels will slow it down but it doesnt bother me its slow anyway and i use it to drive around town.

do you mean grooved discs? would have though pugs used vented discs anyway.

when i was in they asked me how loud i wanted it same as standard, louder, or very loud. he did warn me however if i went for very loud it would require a bigger bore so would lose power

oh i would have it as maybe standard i would take it standard is loud anyway loud is noisy and very loud is no track days lol

i went for slightly louder than standard and it was jut like stock exhaust when cruising but made a lovely sound on WOT, just slightly louder under normal accelaration

oh i might go for louder then lol my car is such a ricer lol, well in theory its not because i am not making it look fast just nice im not putting a 6" exhaust on to make it look like a big power car :D go me