2004 civic1.6i-vtec sport

d4rr3n89

Car
Civic1.6i-vtecsport
just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to supercharge or turbo the 1.6 engine? if so which would be the better option and where could i get it done??? thanks

Anything within the realms of physics is possible. Do you have a spare £3k+?

I'd chose turbo of charger every time but I'm a turbo-whore.

thanks, yeah i have the money, what would i have to change to the engine if i fitted the turbo?? do you know where i could get the work done and how much it may coast??

Yeah you're looking at £2k minimum for a decent basic kit from a reputable company such as HKS (just an example, not sure if they do one for the Civic). Then labour on top.

You can run very mild boost on a standard engine but to go any further you'll need to lower the compression especailly being a high comp motor. Either by decomp plate (bit of a bodge imo) or by using low compression forged pistons (for which a full rebuild is pretty much necessary).

So, in short to run a turbo properly you're looking at rebuilding, otherwise it's not really worth turbocharging the car imo as you will only be able to run mild boost. You might as well have spent that £2k on a good exhaust, cams and a bit of head work.

im not sure what engine it is i think its the 110hp sohc engine, would u recommend supercharging it or just going for an engine conversion to something like the civi type r engine?

We turbocharge the Honda B 15 engines here in India without problems, however, reducing the compression ratio is a must, and the boost must be restricted to under 5 lbs, along with ignition re mapping

how much would i be looking to pay for an engine swap? and where could i get this done? thanks

best bit mate is a scrapyard, try and buy a wrecked car

you want everything, box engine, wiring loom, drives, might aswell do the wheel stud conversion too, get the hubs

any garage could do the job, but ring around for the best price
or if you had any knoledge of cars, read up on how swaps are done, its not that difficult if you know how

Hi i have DA7 integra, i'm looking for an affordable (relatively cheap but good quality) engine that i can put in this car besides the Honda b16a v-tech. (Which it has right now)
Something that can fix and be installed easily....

U can get a b18c under your hood for around 1,800 pounds, supplied nd fitted. but do you not have to change the valve springs, forge pistons and upgraded camshafts since boost would overload all the standard b18c engine parts?

You can get a b18c under your hood for around 1,800 pounds, supplied and fitted. but do you not have to change the valve springs, forge pistons and upgraded camshafts since boost would overload all the standard b18c engine parts?

Not to a professional standard you can't. That £1800 will just about buy a second hand engine from a UK spec DC2. But even for that expect a high mileage one. A JDM spec B18C imported and fitted by the best of the best pros will cost you nearer £6000.

Why boost a B18C anyway? It's a high compression engine and it means you take a very reliable engine and make things more expensive and complicated for yourself. Boosting an engine properly costs enough as it is without having to double the maintenaince work. If it's a daily drive then keep it nasp.