1.8t Quattro t sport, remap?

02paynemi

Tuner
Car
A3 1.8t quattro T
I've got an Audi 1.8t Quattro t sport, it had a dodgy turbo when I got it when it blew my garage found me a hybrid which they said cud go up to 350 bhp.(unfortunately this is all I know about the turbo)

since then I have added a FMIC... with a home made co2 spayer, Baily dump valve, 2 ½ inch Cat back, induction kit, Greddy boost control.

I was thinking of making a DECAT but unsure how to get around the sensor problem?

But mainly I want to get a remap, is there any other simple stuff I should do before I get a remap? Also how does a switchable map work? and were is good to get one done in the south of England? I live in Dorset...

I was hoping for around the 300-350 bhp mark or am I being too optimistic and also how far can I take it?

how much is the car running bhp? and you sound good to go on the remap got a healthy amount of mods on there can you not have a look at the turbo and find out what it is sounds a bit suspect to me i mean if it cant handle that and it blows lol then on dear but im sure the remappers will know that !

Oh and welcome to TC forum.

Sorry.... I meant it was the standard turbo that blew and I replaced it for the hybrid ‘350bhp, I’m not shore what bhp it’s running at the moment. I wouldn’t expect allot more than the standerd 180 as it has the standard map and standard boost preshure, I am just using the boost controller to fix a boost spike that happened after I changed the turbo.

oh ok im sure waynne will help he has the same car dont think it is quattro though but im my opinion decat is a bad idea unless you can be assed putting it back on for every mot !

I’m not to worried about putting it back on for the mot, but only if it’s worth all the bother . the bhp gain sound good tho 10-20? (this is what I have read). The sound was the main reason for decating, was hoping for that nice raspy note. Will the standard cat be able to handle the power when I get the remap?

I've got an Audi 1.8t Quattro t sport, it had a dodgy turbo when I got it when it blew my garage found me a hybrid which they said cud go up to 350 bhp.(unfortunately this is all I know about the turbo)

since then I have added a FMIC... with a home made co2 spayer, Baily dump valve, 2 ½ inch Cat back, induction kit, Greddy boost control.

I was thinking of making a DECAT but unsure how to get around the sensor problem?

But mainly I want to get a remap, is there any other simple stuff I should do before I get a remap? Also how does a switchable map work? and were is good to get one done in the south of England? I live in Dorset...

I was hoping for around the 300-350 bhp mark or am I being too optimistic and also how far can I take it?
hi mate is there no chance you can get in touch with the garage that supplied and fitted the turbo to find out what it was?? do you still have the invoice??

if not i can only presume that you have a ko3 hybrid cause all you have mentioned is a turbo replacement if so you are looking at a reliable 260/270bhp and 270/280lbs/ft torque (with remap) and other bits i would get for the remap are s3 injectors, 4 bar fpr, forge tip, 3" or 2 1/2" down pipe ask your mapper which is best for their map

a decat is possible a good mapper can map out the 02 sensors but its not really worth the hassle tbh

Where are you from? Awesome GTI are worth speaking to (Manchester, UK). I'd guess the turbo is a KO3 with KO4 internals.

Why not get a full sports exhaust from Miltek and go with a sports cat. It save a lot of trouble with the sensors and the MOT test plus you won't worry about roadside emission checks either.;)

I live in Dorchester, Dorset south of England, so Manchester is probably abit too far. As for the turbo ..... it looks bigger than the old one (may be my imagination) but like the old one has a baffle on top of it, when the guy at the garage ordered it they said it was rated up to 350 bhp. I don’t know probe best going back to the garage and getting them to find out exactly. Yer a sports cat probes sounds a good idea. And s3 injectors... would it be worth getting the intake manifold as well, herd it was bigger?

"VW Audi 1.8T Fuel Injectors & 5 Bar Adjustable FPR"...... i found this on ebay, any good insted of the s3 injectors, they are quite cheap at the moment.
cant really comment on the fpr i havent used 1 or read anything about 1 but replacing your injectors with the same 1's is a waste of money mate i the s3 injectors or any bam engine injectors will be needed for you to take full advantage of your turbo

I have found that my turbo is a KO3-S hybrid, does anyone know if a ko3 Turbo intake pipe will fit, or were I can get one? Also is there a difference between the silicone and the 2 piece metal/rubber ones?

Also I’ve been looking for s3/tt injectors from a scrappy, will these be big enough? Or should I go for bigger, what should the flow rate be

As far as I know it is only the internals that are different on these turbos. Pgarner will probably know this one.

Silicone looks nicer and last longer but essentially they both do the same job.

oh.. I have found a silicone one that fits.

About these injectors, if I get them from an s3 in a scrappy, would it be worth getting the intake manifold and throttle body as well?
Or should I be looking at something bigger than s3 injectors?

I'm no expert on these engines but I imagine that if you can get the whole assembly it would simplify the installation.

02 - I apologise publically for my comment a few days back. My elder son has dyspraxia so I should know better. Paul Anderson.

not sure in the A3 but on the VW the intake for the manifold sits on the left (looking into the engine) on the S3 it should sit on the right, this means that you can fit a more univerial front mount intercooler without having to run pipework back across the FMIC.

regards the injectors i think youll need the fuel rail as well

the k03s can handle around 220bhp before overspeeding in standard dont know about the hybrid.
the turbos seem to be slightly differennt on the outside as theres 2 intakes pipes avalible for earlier models and later ones