1.8t a3

Hey and welcome to torquecars mate.

1st up is make sure its been serviced properly, if not get that done first. oil changes have been done on time with decent oil, timing belts been done along with water pump etc

then start on the performance.

1st up would be a remap ( may have to be chipped on the '98car. if its got a diagnosic port it can be remaped ) this should see you around the 180-190 mark for around £300-500 depending on where you go and if its a generic map (like VAG have put on it, all the same) or a custom map.

Hi and welcome - I have another A3 1.8T owner to compare notes with. See my profile for a list of the best mods.

A lot of it depends on how much you want to spend. A remap with heavy duty recirulating valve will usually keep most owners happy.

Whats the mileage like on it? What colour etc....

ya its bin serviced just got it done, water pump and belt was dun b4 i bought it, i was thinking of getting it chipped but didnt no wat the best is or where to go. ive got a forge split-r dv on it.

hi the car is black but i was thinking of a respray cos its scratched a bit, sum 1 spat on it the other day and its eaten the paint!!! its just turned 101,000 miles.

The black is a great colour. Before you respray try some cutting paste you'll be surprised how well it comes up. Audi seem to use a really thick clear coat.

As the mileage is over 100,000 I would only remap to 190/200bhp - I think you would be pushing your luck to go over this.

The Revo remaps are my top choice at the moment. They seem to offer low down economy and lots of power at the top end.

If you want to buy new then ask SEAT or SKODA dealerships - the prices are usually much lower than at an Audi dealership. Most breakers yards will provide ample to choose from but I would get one and pay for it to be reconditioned with ball bearings - these spool up quicker and last much longer than the thrust bearing ones we get fobbed off with.

Why not upgrade to the KO4?

i was thinking of a new one but im gathering as much info on upgrading my performance as i can. the k04 has more lag, ive heard that the k03s is better.

Depends where you want the power the KO4 pulls far further than the KO3 and the lag is not that noticable. My K03 lags to about 2000 rpm before it wakes up and starts pulling in the air.

oh rite, there is so much i wanna do to it but so little money lol and im in 2 mind if to do it anyway or save and buy a new version wat do u think

K03s is a mid way one between the K03 and K04 and its a direct fit from the K03, most K04s need a lot of work to fit (basically all intake and exaust needs changed new oil and coolent lines need changed / modified
As far as im aware the differences are one wheel (cant ever rememeber if its the turbine or compressor) is 5mm bigger than on its little brother and the actunator is slightly different. the ECU also runs higher boost, 10psi over 6-7psi.

was reading through a PVW mag and found the engineshop do a K04 turbo thats a dirrect fitment for £749 nothing on the net about it but only had a quick look, give them a call on 01322350022 info@theengineshop.info

awesome gti also are supposed to take your 03 strip it down, bore out and fit 04 parts to it,

both of course would need a remap to get the best outof it - for this id say awesome might be able to help you out more as they do APR remaps onsite

ebay normally has some 03s for a couple of hundred, but do the same as waynnes said, pay for it to be recondidtioned. worst thing that youd want is to pay for it to be installed only to find that it blows not long after

ok theres 1 on ebay but its from china
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBOCHARGER-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

now what worries me is
1 its coming from china
2 its claiming its brand new at £240 (+40 p&p) VAG price accoring to vagcat should be £900 ( it accually shows euros but parts ive ordered have been basically the same in £)
3 some of the models it shows are K04 standard k03 will not fit it

ya i have seen that one from china, ya i thought it sounded to good to be true, it will be somthing you get in a cracker lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back