1.2 Vauxhall Corsa SXI

S

sleeeepyhead

Hey Guys,

I'm BRAND new here, i've read through quite a few topics and everyone seems to know what they're talking about, so i've got a few questions for you guys :)

First,

I have a 1.2 litre Vauxhall Corsa Petrol. (i'm 18, it's fully modded with bodykit etc)

Anyway, i'd like to add a turbo to it, is this possible?

Will it be worth it? will i notice the difference?

How much roughly am i looking at?

Would i be able to fit it myself? or should i get a mechanic to do it? (i put my air filter on myself, but that was easy, not sure if this is!)

Thanks for reading guys :)

Hey Guys,

I'm BRAND new here, i've read through quite a few topics and everyone seems to know what they're talking about, so i've got a few questions for you guys :)

First,

I have a 1.2 litre Vauxhall Corsa Petrol. (i'm 18, it's fully modded with bodykit etc)

Anyway, i'd like to add a turbo to it, is this possible?

Will it be worth it? will i notice the difference?

How much roughly am i looking at?

Would i be able to fit it myself? or should i get a mechanic to do it? (i put my air filter on myself, but that was easy, not sure if this is!)

Thanks for reading guys :)

Hello and welcome.

Supercharged engines are very different to naturally aspirated ones. If you want to go down this route then go for it but it will be a costly route.

Welcome to TorqueCars mate. :)
The cost involved turboing a NA car is in my opinion too high.
If you want to run any sort of boost you'll have to lower the compression and uprate alot of internal parts. Plus there's the plumbing and extra wiring. You'll prob need a new gearbox and driveshafts too to cope with the power. Brakes and suspension will need uprating too.
Plus it Will send your insurance through the roof.

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

yes the 1.2 can be turbocharged. but for the effort its alot of money for not much gain.

try looking at the z20let engine and fitting it instead the cost will be about the same but you will have alot more power and torque as standard - thats before you look at modifying the 2.0. however you might have issues with insurance at 18