Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
This picture of the radiator grille and surround gives a clue to the standard of build that I am hoping to achieve. I found to my surprise that the original radiator was in very good condition. I have to say I was impressed with it's construction which is entirely from brass and copper. I think it could be fairly described as a work of art. The grille, however required a lot of fettling and chrome plating which I handed over to Derby Platers. They are excellent but expensive. The emblem was damaged and being black and white was for a later car anyway. I was incredibly fortunate in finding a perfect 1949 MG emblem.
Hey guys, just a quick update on the Fabia : Brembo Supermax discs have now been fitted front and rear along with the matching Supermax pads, at the same time Goodrich stainless braided hoses were fitted and Brake fluid changed. Braking is now intense. June 29th sees the making of a new Turbo back exhaust, made by Tony Banks in Leeds, this will be 65 mm pipework, a 200 cell cat a resonator and muffler. June 30th sees the girl hitting the rolling road at JBS car designs in Chesterfield for a full custom remap (stage 2) hoping for around 155 to 160 hp. Following this at the earliest opportunity I will have vents fitted into the bonnet to allow some of the extra heat out, and the calipers need painting, later some attention to a couple...
Everything was working fine when I bought this car three years ago. Upon further inspection it was revealed the car had been in an accident. I had a body shop pull the damaged area and after that the horn, headlights, and wipers would not work. The car has been sitting in my garage ever since. Has anyone had this problem or know what I should look for? The damage was to the drivers side front by the tire and window washer reservoir.
My mitsi chariot was given the last rights recently as it sadly needed just too much work for the MOT. This meant I needed something to move things around . I was going to get a sunny pick up but prices have gone insane so i looked at a kei truck. Not known or driven much outside Japan where they are everywhere they are literally as it sounds - A baby pick up truck . Most are only around 660cc but are suprisingly nimble as they re so small. .Sold in the UK as bedford rascals with basic spec - usually auto or 4 speed manual and 2WD Of course like most JDM cars the Japanese top spec is way different especially on older models whichl were smaller, lighter and better built.. So I started the search for such a "beast" and eventually found...
So here I am again with another project. The last time it was a Post Apocalyptic Chrysler that exploded immediately after passing an MOT. And this time it is a 206 (That I swore I would keep nice) However, it passed an MOT and lasted more then a week... so now I'm most likely going to bugger it up. The car in question is a 2002 Peugeot 206 CC 2.0l. (Yes it is a hairdressers car, but I do cut my own hair... so :p ) I intend to try a Cyberpunk style as I really like the aesthetic of it all. Not quite sure how to go about it just yet. Anyhoo, I will keep you all updated as I inevitably mess up a perfectly functioning car. |B
This is my latest purchase. I bought it off eBay.de (Germany) and imported it myself. First time I’ve done this but it was worth it as you can probably see. So the car is a standard 1.3CL model however it had only one former owner from new (who was a technician at Wolfsburg VW) who I bought it from. Plus the car come with full VW service history, two keys and the original receipt of sale from back in 1991 when it was purchased. Now this is embarrassing, I’ve written my post but don’t know how to upload the pictures ..........help..........please
After 4 years and X-amount of dosh spent, my pride and joy is finally finished. Again. Sort of. List of Modifications Completed; Engine/Drivetrain: M50 Manifold Tubular Headers 540i 3.5" MAF M50 Mid Section/328i Backbox 328i Pink Injectors ECU Remap, Custom Map to Suit Specific Engine Alterations ACS Throttle Body Delete Throttle Body Heater Delete CCV (Crank Case Ventilation) Delete, Crankcase Breather, Manifold Plugged, Dipstick Vent Plugged Eaton M45 Supercharger (to be replaced with M62 at later date) ,Intercooler, Custom Piping, Diverter Valve|BOV Hybrid (May change) Direnza 50mm Aluminium Radiator w/ 14" Switch Operated Puller Fan Suspension/Wheels: Stance+ Fully Adjustable Coilovers, With Standard e36 Top Mounts Custom X-Brace...
About two years into the project thus far. (Cannot upload pix or link here yet, am very new, but many thanks @obi_waynne , for the invite to post this.) Negative ion generators are lately quite common in air conditioners, air cleaners, and other devices; these charge millions of air molecules negatively, and the results are helpful in a few ways. The most proven ways are "clumping" of dust particles for filtration efficiency and destruction of many aromatic esters (a.k.a. unpleasant smells), but many people have been more or less unscientifically claiming health benefits, due to the "invigoration" one feels of negatively charged air after a thunderstorm. Anyway, I used these things to destinkify an unpleasant basement for a few...
So, I love my vehicle, but the Cockpit seems a little dated. I am going to upgrade and change the console to something more 2000'ish. I mean I am going to attempt to remanufacturer and update the metal, increase the room, and the like. I am also going to do a leather interior upgrade and considering the Cowhide embossed like Alligator Blue inserts for the seats... Let not forget the mention the Artificial Intelligence Head Unit with a HP VR Backpack G2 computer, as well....
The contents of this Thread may cause Offence. Reader Discretion is Advised! So I had probably better start this thread by explaining what I'm doing with this car, why and what I've done so far. Atomic Gwen The reason for this name is a simple one. My number plate is AT-- GWE and this is a post apocalyptic build. So "Atomic Gwen" seemed to fit nicely. The Reason Behind the Build Since my Dad first sat me down to watch the original Mad Max film, I've been hooked on the Post Apocalyptic/ Wasteland aesthetic. Eventually I started building Rat Bikes and even came 4th and 5th in a custom build show with two that I had made. After some time building, I found out about a post apocalyptic festival in Buckinghamshire called...
Hey guys, here's a little pictorial of my most recent project. A T-bucket with a supercharged BMW V8. Speedway motors '23 standard fiberglass body and a repro '32 Ford grill: Speedway motors bare T frame: Mid 70's Jaguar independent rear end: Rear wheels, American Racing VN502 15" x 10" with M&H 30" x 14.5" (12" tread) cheater slicks with tubes. Front axle, Spindles, GM disc brakes, split wishbone radius arms, 15"x5" wheels with Firestone F560 165/80 tires: Next post, Engine build:
not advertising a job just want some advice. I would like to make my Toyota corolla into a 10 second car yet still have a nice interior. I understand losing weight will most likely have to come into play and I'm not objecting to that. the most car work I have had to do to a car is change out the CV axles on a Honda Accord 1998. really have no clue as to where I need to start with this car. any and all advice is appreciated. car 2008 Toyota Corolla LE engine model is 1zz-fe 4 cylinder.
Hey guys. As promised I'm starting a thread on one of my other projects. This time it's a 1992 Mitsubishi GTO TT She is my first and most certainly not the last! As up until last week I had 5 of these, for my sins, 2 were NA auto and one of them got sold to a friend who is now discovering what an ass raping feels like good job it's only a NA! Back to J Tec. Im not sure how long i will have this car, if it has come to me for the dire TLC it was in need of to be then sold back on or if it is one that will stay in the ever growing collection of classic J-Tin. Either way, it is here with me and a step in the right direction. This long story starts back to around the last week or two of July 2015. Rob (my other half) was looking on a FB...
New Project has been going on and I hadn't been on the forum for a while so be indulgent! :P Bought a Brand spanking new Scion Frs in Juin 2015! As of this day and Mods will be updated when installed on first post: Installed Pieces Grand total spent: 2957$ ----Interior---- -LED Dome Light and Trunk Light ----Exterior---- -LED Plate Lights -Side Marker Leds Amber -Switchback Turn Signal LEDs Front -HID High/DRL Beam 6000k -HID Low Beam 6000k -Backlights turn signal MOD -Rally armor mud pads -BRZ OEM Wing -Window tint 85% back 65% side ----Suspension---- -TRD Lowering Springs -4 Wheel spacers 25MM all around ----Power---- ----Transmission---- ----Forced Induction----
Hello friends, I am presenting my second Audi TT built. Main idea was to restore Audi TT MK2 body, replace whole default body kit with TT RS body kit. Second part will be tuning. I hope we will start in next two weeks, regarding we are still collecting all parts. So more about tuning will be very soon. Third part should be interior restoration. If you have any comment, please do not hesitate. I hope I will get maximum of support here, and for shore learn something.
Heya folks, while I'm taking a break during a poor weather streak and awaiting for more parts to arrive. Here's a bit of progress on my daily driver E34. Found on craigslist, I wasn't necessarily looking for a BMW. But I did want a V8 & manual trans.. anything. Found this E34 540i that would crank but not fire. I checked it out, deemed it a neat little car, made a deal and towed it home. It was also riddled with fake ///M badges everywhere I promptly pulled all of those. But kept the M5 door sills, I kinda like those. After going round and round for a month, I finally found that the harmonic damper was installed clocked wrong. Assumingly done when a water pump was changed out. The crank trigger uses the damper for timing, so the...
Finally finished my (first) project car! Got a full years MOT on Friday after some work on the brakes. List of Mods; Painted wheels black Painted calipers red (MightyMods style +25kW) 325/8i exhaust upgrade RamAir filter e36 Cabrio X Brace Vented Discs An abundance of stickers :) Got insurance lined up for it aswell (not easy for a 20 y/o guy!) Thanks for looking :)
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on the forums. Last time I was here I asked you what direction I should take my car. You guys offered your suggestions and I've made my decisions. She's still a work in progress, but she's slowly getting closer to being done. Let me introduce my car, Project: FR-Sara. Current mod list: Jackson Racing Supercharger Setrab Oil cooler Invidia n1 exhaust Winjet headlights Valenti tail lights Enkei rpf1 18x9.5 (soon) Pics: Day 1 My first mod Her name Tail lights, tail lights on and some mountain driving Headlights put in Club sticker Lighting changes Supercharger kit in! Miscellaneous pictures
Ive been asked to start a thread about my Cosworth engine. Im aware this is not a Ford site & that it may be a big turn off to many. Best start with the engine that will be replaced. It was Dynoed on the Norris Designs Dyno in December 2008 the aim was to produce a genuine 800bhp road engine. Big Power is easy just Big everything & a 1000bhp is available but one look at the curve of such engines show no Power below 6k & completely un drivable on the road. Great drag engine though. To this aim ports were kept at 600bhp levels & the exhaust cam also kept mild. To get the geometry right for high revs the rods are 8mm longer & the pin moved in the new short skirt pistons. We upped CR from 7.2 : 1 to a completely un heard of 8.5:1...
I just realized I had mentioned this little truck in my Corvair post, but not really posted anything else about it. Here is how it was 4 years ago when I finally convinced the owner it was not getting any better as a lawn ornament. He said the original engine needed a timing chain and he couldn't find one, so he stored it in boxes and put a Suzuki engine in. While doing to he cut up the frame so badly that it couldn't stand on 4 wheels. It turned out that the original 998cc engine was totally rusted and missing a rod. I ordered a bunch of parts from the UK and an engine from Chile. After more than a year of waiting for the engine, I ended up buying another one, this time a used front end from Japan. I've detailed everything on my...
This car is my first project car. I got it just a couple months ago and I'm going to build it up little by little as I can afford. As I mod it, I'll post updates here. My exhaust as it is now- going for a full 3" race exhaust soon, but here it is now: As of June 2015: Injen SRI Uniq rigid subframe collars dropped muffler, replaced with stinger various cooling tweaks under the hood rebadged the Hyundai badges with Art of Speed badges IC grill LED custom lighting mod Interior red LED map lights and custom footwell lighting Deltalip rear lip spoiler
Well looks like the cammed V6 idea is going out of the window. I can't justify the amount of money needed to get anything decent out of them. Not as tunable as other V6 I've had in the past so I'm afraid it has to go.... ...to be replaced by a 250bhp T16 engine with front mounted intercooler, all pipework and ancillaries, custom loom, garrett t25 with a t28 very soon after, uprated drive shafts and modified mountings. I will be using Rover 420 T16 none turbo engine stabilizers and fitting them to the ZS subframes rather than using the Rover Coupe ones which aren't as strong, and don't want to mess with the handling of the ZS by using crapper parts. The conversion is coming out of an MG ZR so half the conversion is already done, just...
Heres mine :) It's a 55 plate Saab 9-3 v6 Aero, ive had it just under 2 years now, haven't really touched it in the last 12 months but plan to get back at it this year (ive been a bit lazy compared to my old cars!) Here it was the day I collected it, completely standard. I dropped it off with the Saab garage same day for an oil change and fresh plugs ready for the remap booked for a couple days later Interior is pretty nice with grey leather & light grey leather inserts, dash is bit plasticky tbh but still a nice place to sit. Leagues ahead of my other Saabs for comfort & refinement.....but that Audio....terrible!! I've been in a few new shape 9-3's and all have sounded pretty bad. This has the full 13 speaker system and...
Ok so i finally picked this baby up, haven't stopped driving it since thursday :) Spec: 225BHP 1.8 turbo BAM Full stainless steel exhaust Ap racing coilovers 18 x 9 bbs ch reps in gold with custom red bbs center caps Misano red pearl Late spec quattro sport grille V6 rear spoiler V6 rear bumper valance Red reverse lights Clear side repeaters Aero wipers Unmarked original Audi heated red leather Upgraded audi factory head unit with Bose speakers Pics: So, first things on the list.... Front bumper and bonnet are going to be repainted due to some lacquer peel from stone chips which i feel is really letting the car down. Once this is done i will have the car fully paint corrected to remove all imperfections and give it...
Hi all im hoping this thread well get loads of attention as regards to how I should start my project old school ford dragster it would be cool to see plenty of debates as well to get the perfect pointers im going to start from scratch with the chassis so need to no if I should be using alloy or steel and box or tubular for my first attempt im not aiming for a ten second car butt may be 13/15 second car would be nice butt im thinking engine and suspension would only be a ten k budget so ill take what seconds I can get this time the car shell I would like old school ford butt that will come to light in the next month or two I will add moee thaughts to this as they come to mind butt for now I look forward to hereing what u guys...
Hey guys, This my project car that i have been working on for the last two years. Started out as a 1.4L which somehow didn't like me much so after that blew i sourced a 2.0L 8 valve from a 98 model opel 200is kadett. All was running well until i got bitten by the boost bug again and was offered a m62 eaton off of a merc c230 kompressor and some 6 months later the hooligan was born. I'm running at 9 psi boost unmapped with the 1.4L gearbox which gives most high end cars a run (power to weight ratio) till we run at distance and they go past on account of my short ratios.
Well after a few months searching in Japan I have finally found my new work car. Main thing is that it needs to be a hatchback and ideally a wagon and I wanted something different. I had considered quite a few cars then found a special edition model that suited my purpose but was quick. Unfortunately this meant it was quite rare and took a few months to locate. But after a few months I found one at a well trusted Japanese dealer I have used before . so after a bit of negotiating I am now the owner of.......................... Well it will be here in about 8-10 weeks and hopefully it will be worth the wait as it may well be the first of this model in the UK Will post a few more pics and full spec but just for now a taster
Ok where to start?! ha the car about 5ish years. Ran it as a daily for 5 or so. Then things went mental lol So here she is Stock bar a magnex exhaust. So ran her like this for quite a while then the lust for MORE POWER kicked in, but that wassnt enough.....i decided to go...well.. mad lol Its a Mk1 Clio 16v With a lightly fettled 2.0 F7RA700 Williams engine producing circa 180bhp dependant on dyno... Here is a brief spec of the car as it stands now. Hybrid Spec Engine F7R 700 2.0-litre 16-valve Kent RN2002 260 cams Timed in By the ClioLord Mapped by TBC! Omex 600 V0.70D Chadil Inlet Manifold jenvey throttle bodies megane Injectors Piper Vernier pulleys Mocal 13 row Oil Cooler Mocal Thermostatic sandwich plate...
Hey all, been a while!! have had more kids and work/bikes etc has all been a bit manic, so iv not really been posting online much! well, what have i been up to since i went away.... Last you guys saw of me i had my first proper bike, the Sv650s: Then i got rid of that and bought a Yamaha Thundercat: Then i got bored and bought this Yamaha FZ6: which i promptly turned into this: Then i sold that and bought this SV1000SZ: Which i got offered a great deal on to see me on my (realistic) dream bike, a 2004 K4 Suzuki GSXR 600: It has a shedload of trick bits, and im working my way through replacing every bearing,bush and consumable item on the bike so pretty soon she will be absolutely 100%...
Firstly i'd like to say i'm new to this site. Also this is my first wee car i'll be tuning up. I currently own a 106 gti and i'm wanting to get it up to around 180 - 200bhp. I'm wondering what way to go about it? do I go cams? supercharge? turbo? or what I was thinking was an engine change but that would be very expensive and lot of work in comparison to other ideas lol. Was just looking for advice as to which way to go about this. Any help will be much appreciated especially advice from people who have already done this to their 106 gti's. thanks
hello people, after many requests im putting up my 1998 facelift honda accord:P it has xenon headlights 6000K. custom Clarion NX501 radio/dvd/navigation. custom rear compo speakers Mohawk MP 6.2 250watts max/125watts RMS doorhandles, mirrorcasings, sidebumper and sideskirts in matching color with the rest of the car. and a cleaned rear hatch next up is replacing the frontspeakers, and prolly some new wheels. but that will be some other time.
Ive the car 3 months now and finally i can start my build thread When i first brought it First job was to remove resonator box just behind the wheel arch You can see the 4 small holes they where the only things letting air flow into the filter Then i put on my new wheels could probably do with a refurb but are loads better than what was on They have loads of tread 3 are brigestone so2 and one avon alone these must be more than what i actually paid for them Now the car is 100 times better these wheels look great and im very pleased with them My next job was change the dump valve managed to get a blitz one cheap no there was no need to take the old recirc one off which you can see just above the blitz i...
Hey folks, So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals. It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new. A picture after a proper clean! Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol: Couple outside the missus's house. Wheels have a little kerbing Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless...
Hi guys. Been a while lol ;) But from a request or 2 I am popping up a build thread of my Vectra GSi. Now for those that know me will know I am a Vauxhall man at heart. Had a couple of scoobies but never again! lol. Plus, i'm a buggar for not being able to resist a bit of modding. This time is no exception and is probably the furtherst I have ever taken a V6 engine and i'm not quite finished yet hehe. There are 3 main things left but will list those later in the post. After getting fed up of the last Subaru costing a fortune to run, I decided to go back to Vauxhall and as I was using the Scooby to part ex, the ball was in my court for being able to find a special one. Didn't take me long to settle for an ex-press car (1 of 9...
This is a direct copy and paste from another forum. It is the complete project so far of the UK's only super legnum VR4 in red. And so it begins: May 28th 2010 is where it all started, when i took ownership of what was to become the best love story ever told :love: A girl and her car. Yup thats right my new toy/project has now landed on my drive way, and oh boy do i have my work cut out for me on this baby! It is a 1998 Super Legnum VR4. Like a standard VR4, i has the twin turbos, AYC and full time 4WD, so yes it will be a thursty gal! it is a far cry from my V6 Galant, but hey, time change and we all need to move on, though i think im now suffering "shell shock" from what i have just gone and done!:huh...
Hi guys. Have not been on for a while but i confirm that i dont have the crx anymore. I swapped it for a clio sport 172. This has a a back box and air filter only. Any other ideas on what i can do to make this faster taking into account that where i live there is no place to do a remap. Thanks nathan
Picked the Peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 up last Wednsday for £200 im thinking that could be a bargain. The seller said it needed a new gasket and some body work as Nitro-mors had been thrown on it! Surprisingly enough it driven home fine (50 miles) with just a few rough starts. The car got checked over and it needed a new coil pack all in all £100 fitted so not bad for a £200 car :D. The roof and bonnet has been thourely sanded and the bonnet has been treated for the rust with a product called Rust Remedy, does a great job was expecting it to not be brilliant for its price :bigsmile:. Also put a terribly rough spray of primer on the bonnet. Got some black carbon fibre coming hopefully tomorrow (Friday) which i will be covering...
So you decided to tackle a car project? Well well, you have the space, but all those bits 'n pieces will eat up your working space in a jiffy. My project is now turning out into a full garage re-think, re-vamp project. Make sure you utilise every bit of space to it's fullest. You can use the trusses to store, BUT go easy on the weight. You don't want your roof landing on your pride and joy. I've made a workbench with storage space and fitted castors to it, like one giant toolbox. Cost was zero, built it from scrap bits and it works well. Got to get this finished before Spring so I can carry on with my Escort. The Jetta and Bantam will follow for their transplants after the 'Scort. :lol:
Well, I couldn't help myself when I found this score; Universal Intercooler 600wX300hX115thick (core sizes wider with the caps) on Ebay to add to my parts list for the Turbo setup I want to put in my; 95' VS 3.8l V6 Ecotec Holden Commodore. I'm not sure if there's many VS's getting around with turbo's. There would be some with Super charger setups but not many (if any???) that run from exhaust system. This sytem will be built to a budget so I'll be making my own headers to fit the turbo's. I'm thinking stainless pipe @ 35 to 40mm?? for setion to turbo from the exhaust ports. Then 50mm down through the Ypeice. For the turbo's I have 2 TC06's but with O/sized impellers. I have 1 ready with a 50/70 impeller + housing inlet & exit...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back