Torque Cars

z3 coupe dual mass flywheel

Discussion in '7 series' started by krikke s2000, 5 January 2010.

1. krikke s2000

krikke s2000 New member

belgium lier
    Car:
    S2000
    the flywheel of my girlfriends car is broken and i was thinking of swapping it with a non dual mass / lightweight alu one
    any sugestions or is this a bad idea

grtz kristof

sorry for bad grammer

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I think it is a very good idea. I will be dumping mine when I need to replace the clutch as they are such a pain when they go wrong.

If you do this I would also change the clutch while you are there unless it has got a low mileage.

3. krikke s2000

krikke s2000 New member

belgium lier
    Car:
    S2000
    i will be replacing the clutch also worn or not i'am not going to do half work

grtz kristof

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    it might be a bit more rougher at idle and in town driving but these seem to be the drawbacks of fittting the SMF over the DMF