Xsi re-map? Help!

deighton306

Wrench Pro
Car
306 D-Turbo-Finally
I have been looking into the re-maps and have had a few evaluations on sites and they are saying it would only increase 8bhp -10bhp, but in one of the other threads i had asked about upgrades i was advised i could swap the intake manifold, cam's, exhaust manifold and the throttle from a GTI then maybe looking at having it re-mapped would that be a better option do you think?

Who would buy a bluefin chip over a re-map? Or anyone?

Cheers again:D

blue-fin is not a chip tune.

It's a brand name for a product that allows you to load ECU maps at your own discretion. It's up to you how you have those maps made up.

The bluefin part itself is nothing more than a dedicated handheld device that can upload maps to your car. You do not need the bluefin device conncted to the diag port to drive.

I still suggest that you get your car professionally remapped to suit your own driving style and needs. If you want multiple maps then bluefin is the way to manage them.

But why would you want more than one?

You can control power and torque delivery with your right foot.

Do you really want to be in a situation that there's 2 or 3 HGV's in front that you want to pass swiftly and in one hit?

You'd have to park up, turn off engine, connect bluefin device, upload performance map, restart engine, rejoin the road and then try to catch up the the HGVs that you wanted to pass in the first instance.

A good custom map will give you all the options and leave you in command of how much power you want simply by flexing your right foot.

The idea of an optimal remap (ie one that suits your driving style) is that you have total flexibility all the time.

I was thinking that as well....cause darlo is just down the road from me....I live in between walsall and cannock (someone has to).....

and yes would be better to get all that stuff before hand and then a remap to get the most out of them....a gti6 engine has 167hp and 145lbft in standard form...and remap gains you about 9 hp from superchips I think.... but with a nice exhaust system and intake you may see 180 hp maybe....thats if you have a healthy engine to begin with that you maintain well