Wrong details

davalav

Pro Tuner
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Hi guys!

I have a problem and in need of advice.

Since the departure of the old 306, I have bought a new car and my quest for insurance began!

So I had rang my insurers up, who told me a week before that, buying a new car and insuring it is as simple as 1 2 3... So I bought an MG ZR 1.4, reasons being, 46mpg and 51 combined was a good reason and I figure getting insured would be easy as I got a quote from them for £1150 fully comp EVEN with the accident I had. So the day comes, I ring them up and they re run the quote through with me and all was fine until he said "license held since 06 of August 2010" So I said hang on... 2010? There is a problem there" Problem being I passed that date in 2012. So re run the quote and it came to £2800! So me being me, questioned why he had 2010 instead my actual license date, and he said it appears its a provisional date.. So... wait... You have gotten hold of my provisional license, which I had gained in 2009, and had me fully insured under a full License with a provisional license? I never went through a website either for the quote, I went direct... For a starter, I don't have a provisional and secondly, I have searched through my emails for which I sent them to validate my cover which was my full new paper half.... I got put through to the HR department, and I complained, and she said either way, you'll have to pay back the premium on which is correct ( £2500 ) she said a 35% fee will also occur to end the policy. So... I said to her why am I paying for your companies incompetence? she stuttered and said " Its just the way it works, sir" Bull...

We eventually "sorted it out" and if they attempt to charge me more money or contact me in regards to any court dates I am going to contact the financial ombudsmen and issue a complaint. Well I doing that regardless and in the process of writing an extremely strong worded letter.

I have checked over my policy and cannot see any where it says about my license date or how long I have had it, surely that shows its their fault?

What do you lot think I should do? Again, I have double checked everything and made sure there was no mis understandings or any way in which the data sent was different at their end. I was told your policy will hold the information on your license date and how long you have had it for.

Cheers guys.

when i crashed the gt4 i put a claim in then realised the car is worth more to some1 as parts so told them i wanted to cancel my claim they arranged for me to collect and a month later rang up to cancel the policy they said it cannot be cancelled with an open claim so i told them i refuse to pay and went ahead to cancel they passed the debt of £450 on when i explained to them the situation that was 2 weeks ago not heard nothing since. When i told the debt collectors good look getting the money from me im a full time student with no income probably thought not worth chasing up.

there are always little catches when it comes to them taking your money but when they want to pay out its a different story

There sure is. Happened to my mum. After a year she cancelled with her company they insisted and nagged her for £175 to cancel the policy. She wrote them a letter and called the Financial ombudsmen. Never heard anything back....

Last edited:
you just have to stand your ground i think they just expect people to hand over money with no questions as most people dont want the hassle

Yes... Well... When they decide that I should pay £2500 to make up for the incorrect policy, thats when s*** hits the fan! I am not budging and, luckily my mother is good at writing these types of 'Bugger off' letters! :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back