Wot do i do??????

Idnan

Car
Rover 220 GTI
Hi, bought a rover 220 gti (K reg) a few years back and it was fine until my head gasket started leaking so parked it up. Its been 2 years since and now i want it back on the road, i have had the head gasket changed, skimmed, etc but been told that there will be problems with the car as it has been parked up for 2 years. Any ideas anyone on wot i should do?????
Also, how do u take the steering wheel off, cant seem to do it.

Flush the coolant out and refill a few times as well as some of the pipes have probably started to corrode a bit from being stood for so long. If you do these things I don't see why it shouldn't start and run perfectly after you run some injection cleaner through it and give it a good blast.

yup, guessed the fuel part, lol.
U r prob right about the handbrake, it goes at granny speed when i move it. and the tyres are shagged,looking to buy sum budget ones till its up and running properly. i will change the spark plugs and leads now that turbonutter69 advises. anything else i need to know???
appreciate the advice ug guys have given.

yup, guessed the fuel part, lol.
U r prob right about the handbrake, it goes at granny speed when i move it. and the tyres are shagged,looking to buy sum budget ones till its up and running properly. i will change the spark plugs and leads now that turbonutter69 advises. anything else i need to know???
appreciate the advice ug guys have given.

Plugs, Leads, Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel filter, Coolant. You may want to change the brake pads too.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back