Windscreen wipers and indicators problem

h2opete

Car
N/A
Hi,

Got a bit of a problem with my clio. If I have to use my wipers right from when I start off, they seem to work for about 10 minutes or so (using the slower setting) then they suddenly stop working. Sometimes at this point my indicators seem to stop working too. I don't know if they actually stop lighting up at the back of the car, but from the drivers position, they don't seem to work. The problem with the indicators doesn't happen every time (and doesn't happen without the wiper problem at the same time), but happens maybe 50% of the time.

The problem can be fixed by turning the engine off and on again. Then it seems to work fine (I've drove for a further hour after that and had no problems). Then when starting it up again later on, it has the same problem.

Any ideas?

It's a Renault Clio 1.5 dci expression, diesel.

Thanks.

Noticed today that the speakers briefly only had audio coming out of the right speaker.. only happened for a few seconds and it was only a couple of times. Not sure if it's related..

Disconnect the battery earth, clean the join and reconnect it. There might be some wear in the loom so check for frayed or split wires, behind the fuse box is often the culprit for these intermittent issues.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back