Wide arch Tigra

john and Jake the dog

Car
97 1.4 Tigra
Hi,
new here and looking for advice please.:)
I have a 97 Tigra and I'm looking for a wide arch look.
There are a couple of kits but they seem to just roll around the arch without giving a particularly wide look.

I much prefer the look of the Calibra wide arch, so would anyone know whether the inner shape/meausurement of the Calibra standard arch was similar to the Tigra in order to give me some hope of fitting it.

Hello there John and welcome to TorqueCars. thats an unusual username, does the dog travel with you in the car everywhere or is he your secondary mechanic?;)

Few kits have real wide arches. The best bet is to go to a proper custom shop like xquisite automotive and let them fabricate the arches and blend them into your chosen kit. I think the Calibra arches bigger than the Tigra but it still might be possible to use the Calibra kit as a basis to work from.

What are you going to do to get the wheels to fit, run spacers or use a custom axle/driveshafts and suspension setup?

hi Waynne, and thanks for the welcome.
Yes, Jake is in the car everywhere, first in the car, he's a black Portuguese water dog who now has an important relative in the Whitehouse. He is a constant supervisor in everything I do.
I like to do all mods myself and not use garages so will probably use the the Calibra arches as a starting point, a combination of wheel offset and spacers should sort the wheels, hopefully, as the Vauxhall has a different offset to most.
cheers

Sounds good. Get some fibreglass and filler and you will be well away.

One tip, keep standing back and checking the arches are fairly even. It will REALLY bug you if they are slightly different. Also take your time and be patient.

Hi, bit the bullet and ordered a wide arch kit from Portugal.
Fitted them with steel washers glassed to the inside so I could countersink rivets and leave them in along with bonding glue.
Pics show a first fill and rubdown and then first coat of primer to show any holes etc.

arch3.jpg

arch4.jpg

Last edited:
your going to need some spacing on the rear.

might have been an idea to remove the indicator 1st however ;)
hi,

Spacing the wheels around 20mm-30mm at the rear and 15mm at the front until I can get some wider alloys.
Smoked lenses going in when done, so not too bothered 'bout a bit of overspray.
Thanks all for the encouragement as when doing drastic mods, a little doubt comes in occasionally.
Must look better spaced out though.
First spray of blue to see marks etc.
blue.JPG

blue1.JPG

Hi
an update
Still not got around to the final paint as I have some more ideas but Tig has new 7 x 16 wheels and coilovers.
I've only fitted the rear so far, waiting for spring weather.

lowered.JPG

Wow - that's looking really smart, thanks for the update. I suppose you'll have it all ready for summer! :D

Great Tig! :) which site did you get the wide arches from? I have veen searching a long time'coz my alloys are wider than the body ;)

Greetings isakisme and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

Thank you for the link! I think I will order them and see how I can fit them, I would lika to use pop rivets along the upper side, that is a good look :)