Why Honda?

Reliability really. The VTEC units are very powerful for their size and have a high red line. Handling on most hondas is pretty good as well.

2 examples from personal experience

1. my 1.4 civic purchased at 56k pretty much hammered for the 3 years i owned it sold it with 96k only had 2 issues with it
________ 1. central locking failed cause was last owner had aftermarket alarm wired in and took it out damaging the wiring simply changed the plug and worked fine
________ 2. drivers window went down 1 day and stayed down. window regulator packed up. replaced under warranty

2. Honda prelude 2.0 ex twin carb , stunning beautiful car to own and drive bout at 99k over the road just under a year later at 106k on it.

this car was still on original clutch and head gasket. only reason was taken off the road was the head gasket had cracked still ran well enough after it had warmed up
. was looking at changing it anyway as little thirsty between 16mpg and 20mpg

seen civic coupes 1.6vti with induction kit and full exhaust with chip getting over 180bhp up from 160

look at the top gear reliability survey honda 2000 won it this year and am certain it won last year as well

power wise

civic vti 1.6 ____________ 160bhp from 1.6
civic type R ______________196bhp from 2.0
integra R _______________ 197bhp from 1.8
s2000 ________________ 240bhp from 2.0

only downside i found is they are dear to insure for young drivers

^^^ Good post.

Very true though, incredibly expensive insurance for young drivers. And the worst bit is, by the time you can insure one for 600 quid, you can insure a 350z GT for 900.

Kind of self-defeating, I'd love one but, way too expensive. :/

hopefully im right with this info

the crx uses an older version of the 1.6vti engine which produces 165bhp
nice small car that can easily be tuned up

its true what they are all saying,trouble free once you look after them as for insurance problems,try and get insured under someone,i have my prelude under my girlfriend and its only 600 euros ha ha ,where theres a will theres a way.the only thing to look out for really is if its burning oil,any other probs are cheap to fix,but do bargain,the balls in your court

only uses the oil when on vtec mate iirc itshould be around 1 ltr for every 1000mile on the vtec.
mines was non teced and used a total of half a ltr over the 4 and a half years i had it.

biggest problems i had with my 2 were eletrical
not counting my preludes head gasket as it wasnt that well looked after (109k without any stamps in the book )

Can't really add much more onto this 'why Honda' thread apart from...Honda's can be tuned up very easily. The Civic, Integra, CRX, Del Sol etc can be tuned with readily available parts. There is tons of knowledge on the various possibilities available and plenty of places that can help. Plus, it'll run for ever!

In my family, we've given our Accord the title of 'The Honda' because it hasn't broken down and we've had it FOURTEEN YEARS. I've owned it for two of those years, (Passed down from father to son) and all my friends are astonished when they see it has 170k miles and it still runs like a dream.

THAT is why you should get a honda. You treat them right, they'll do you the same.