Which car for you mid life crisis?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which car will you most likely buy when you hit your mid life crisis. (Apparently this happens at 40 and some of us are getting quite close :eek:)

For me - I might get that R8 - it'll be a mk3 by then though.

(Perhaps you have already got your mid life crisis car ready!)

well by then my mazda will be old and then i can chuck in a V8 (see other thread) and be loud and 40 :D

A SMART!!! ???? :eek: Have you sought professional counselling? The mid life crises is a chance to sort out those dreams that you had now you have the money and circumstances!

Well I have quite a lot of time 'till then but if I haven't allready bought a muscle car and thrown a Hemi down there I probably will then

Mid life crisis? What's a mid life crisis?

Me, I'm 55 and still feel 17 in the head (just have to avoid mirrors and stairs!)

Owned my car (Elan) since I was 21 and see no reason to change.

I don't think that car nuts have a car related mid-life crisis. This only happens to people who haven't played with cars and suddenly realise that it is getting late.

One of the few advantages of getting on a bit is that you can usually afford more that one car (mainly due to MUCH lower insurance premiums) so you can have both your 'sensible' car and the silly one. Presently, I have an old Range Rover for pootling about in and towing, a Mercedes 6 berth campervan for drag race meets and towing, a Robin Hood kit car for sunny days and the Elan project.

My wife has the 'sensible' car - an Astra convertible. We also have (although son is using it at present) a VW Scirocco Scala, left to wife by her Dad. Very luckily, we have enough room to keep all cars off the road. No vehicle is younger than L reg but also no HP payments or depreciation :)

Having said all this, I am looking forward to showing all the young whippersnappers out there what a quick car realy goes like - this could be a form of mid-life crisis but, if it is, bring it on!!!

something sporty and flashy, maybe the latest slk amg that will be out or what ever the equivilent will be

i would have to say the mustang gt 350 or something similar. either that or the lotus exige. BUT with a uprated turbo/supercharger pushing about 350bhp.
still got a while to go yet tho ;p

my ultimate mid life crisis car would be a lancia delta s4 the car sound great with its supercharger and turbo :love: but thats way out of my price range :(

so i will probably end up going for an audi quattro dialynx swb or a mk1 golf gti :bigsmile:

Mid-life crisis happens at (yeah you guessed it)... mid-life. At the moment, you can expect to live to about 85 making the your mid-life age roughly 42-43. Seeing as I'm only 19 and with the average age of life forever increasing, I would expect my mid-life crisis to kick in around 50-55.

Im not an expert on the matter, but isnt it basically when you realise your getting old? So as for buying a car to help with the crisis, Id imagine youd get something fast and sporty thats in your price range :D

On thinking about this further (getting old, brain works slower), I don't reckon that you can tell what car you will want to drive in ten, twenty or thirty years time. You are trying to guess what you will be like from a young perspective and also basing your choice on present day cars.

Assuming we still have cars in twenty or thrity years time, unless you are into [FONT=&quot]nostalgia, the car you will want isn't even designed yet!

Anyway, mid-life crisis is a phrase invented my women to make them feel superior and us feel bad :) Avoid mid-life crises by not growing up. I have and it's great :) I still have the car I bought when I was 20. I am now 55 and it is still my favourite car, sad b****rd, that I am.
[/FONT]

On thinking about this further (getting old, brain works slower), I don't reckon that you can tell what car you will want to drive in ten, twenty or thirty years time. You are trying to guess what you will be like from a young perspective and also basing your choice on present day cars.

Assuming we still have cars in twenty or thrity years time, unless you are into [FONT=&quot]nostalgia, the car you will want isn't even designed yet!

Anyway, mid-life crisis is a phrase invented my women to make them feel superior and us feel bad :) Avoid mid-life crises by not growing up. I have and it's great :) I still have the car I bought when I was 20. I am now 55 and it is still my favourite car, sad b****rd, that I am.
[/FONT]

totally agree but me personally i am in to nostalgia look at the 3 cars i listed all unique and firsts in their own rights and i have wanted them for a long time just never had the space time and money to put into cars like that :(

as for the mid life crisis im the same as you i dont ever plan on getting to mature or ever loosing my passion for cars but i think there can be 2 definitions of mid life crisis

1, you get to an age where you realise you have gotten old and you want to recapture abit of your youth usually bald men with a beer bellys (a bit stereotypical but you see it alot in all honesty) and they buy a little 2 seater convertible just to stand out and show off mx5 springs to mind

2, which is the category i fall into you get to a certain age where your financially stable e.g. mortgage is paid off you have savings in the bank and you buy something you have always wanted

and personally mate i dont think you are sad in the slightest for having the same car for 35 years i would love to still own some of my old cars

Well, I hit 40 :) and I already have the car (when not going to work). A VW golf MK2, lightly modified :). Make all the young lads heads spin :)

[/FONT]

I actually assumed that the discussion was...

What if you were going through a mid life crisis at this moment in time.

I'm well into my mid life at 38, in my opinion anyway.

I had my crisis at just 32 years of age when ridiculous work pressure, anxiety, stress, depression and prescribed medication took their respective tolls.

Thankfully no long term damage - family, kids, and marriage survived a very silly and needless situation. Totally off topic, I know.