Where and How is one supposed to get into professional racing?

REDRaven

Car
2009 Lancer GTS
Personally, I have no clue as to how to get into racing at all but I have heard that you need a special licence in order to even THINK about racing professionally.

While I was in Japan, I learned from some guys at an Autoshop that I used to hang out at, that there was a place in Fuji that you could go to that you could get training, advice, AND a Licence to race ( D-S Class). That got me real excited but I never got the opportunity to for countless reasons, money and time being only a few...

You really need to get a sponsor to support you through training and a seasons racing. Start of with a relatively small race scene, perhaps a classic car series? It would certainly be worth just buying some track time with a proper racing instructor to see if you are cut out to be a racing driver.

The longer you spend at the circuits the greater your chance of meeting someone who can get you in. Most pro race drivers have worked themselves up from ameteur leagues.

Start small, just get a racing licence for a start, then you will be prepared for moving forwards with getting higher and higher qualifications.

start at the go cart level , its cheaper , you learn being very up close and personal , flags etc are the same & its were most f1 drivers have started from .

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back