Wheel respray

Davsurfa

Torque Junkie
Car
Hyundai Coupe 2.0l
I like my wheels so I don't really wanna change them, but being quite handy with a rattlecan I wanna change the colour. Here's an odd question, what colour do I paint them?
I don't like the silver they already are, plus it's beginning to lift in parts and flake. I thought of black but I reckon that'd be too dark. White is a definate no no, "It'd just look so wrong"(The girly's words not mine). I like the idea of a darker grey, kinda gunmetally type grey. I saw a Vauxhall Astra Eco on an 09 plate that is "Technical Grey" and a VW Passat on an 08 plate that is "Iron Grey" I like them(one is lighter than the other). What do you lot think???

Are they the standard 5 spoke Audi Alloys? What colour is the car?

What about a 2 tone colour, black on the outside and flat surfaces and red on the inside edges.

Are they the standard 5 spoke Audi Alloys? What colour is the car?

What about a 2 tone colour, black on the outside and flat surfaces and red on the inside edges.

Yes mate they the 5 spoke turbo alloys, the car is black. Tints should be on by the end of the week, so I thought black rims would be too much.

I saw a nice set in black with red highlights on the spoke edges. It worked really well. Have a play around in photoshop with the car and see what it would look like on yours.

It's all on hold for now I'm afraid. Whilst driving along the M6 on this very fine and sunny day I watched the temp gauge travel up from 60 to 90(it took 30 motorway miles to do this) then it carried on up to a grand total of 120 at which point the water light came on and it started buzzing!! Time, I figured, for a hard shoulder fag break. I gently opened the expansion tank to find the water boiling away to itself. Gutted that I had no eggs with me for a spot of light breakfast, I settled for a can of Relentless and another smoke. Once it had all calmed down I had a look in the expansion tank to find it was drier than a pair of grannys knickers :( I dropped 2 litres of water in the tank and drove VERY carefully back to RSD in Daventry. The good doctor of all things VAG, Danny, tested it and found that the head gasket had popped at the exhaust port(dunno which one, don't care much, all I know is it's fubar). Having left the A3 there, it's being pulled apart as we speak, the head is going for skimming and according to the VAG doc it should be back together and making noise again by tomorrow night :O The downside is coming in the shape of a £420 whole in my pocket, but atleast my P&J will be all sweet again.

Bad luck. Was the head gasket what caused the over heating or did the overheating damage the head gasket?

Is you water pump ok? These have a tendency to break.

Pass. It's still in bits so it's gonna be tomorrow now before I get it back. The mad surgeon said he'd check the water pump and see if it's good or not. According to the previous owner it'd already had the head gasket changed just a short while ago but it looks like whoever did it did a p*ss poor job.

Bad luck. Was the head gasket what caused the over heating or did the overheating damage the head gasket?

Is you water pump ok? These have a tendency to break.

So having expecting to have the Audi back yesterday I made a call and it was not the call I wanted. The head was skimmed, new gasket fitted, they fired it up and it blew the gasket again. They took it all apart again and found the head was cracked :shock: The mad doctor Danny said if I was happy to drive the Skoda for a little while he could sort it for me. So I'm still Audi-less :sad2: and I guess soon to be a little lighter in the wallet department too :|
Can't say I'm overly impressed as I've only had the car 6 weeks.

Just got off the phone to the surgeon and the new motor(reccond) is being collected today and is probably gonna start going in today too.

The reason it went is probably down to the fact that when I got the car it only had two litres of oil in it!! The tube that the dip stick sits in was smashed so the dip stick couldn't sit at the right height. The first expenditure was a grand total of £2.09 for the tube and then 2 litres of oil, cuz I needed to use the car. I figured on doing an oil and filter change this week(cuz I've been off work and was gonna service it) but it would seem the damage was already done!!

Bad luck dav it sounds like an abused A3 - they are generally pretty reliable. I would have thought the garage would have seem the cracked head before fitting the new gasket though? I guess they wern't looking for it though.

The latest update from the surgeon is that not only did I manage to blow the head gasket and crack the head but when I dropped by there today he showed me the crack between cylinders 1 & 2!! So that's be a new block too now.
On the plus side the new head is all skimmed rebuilt and looking particularly spanky with perfectly seated valves and nice and shiney and not covered in black oil. Also when it comes back to me it will essentially have a new engine that WILL be a) as sweet as nut and b) reliable, woohoo!

IT'S BACK!!!!! The mad surgeons at RSD waved their magical scalpels and skimmed a bit of here and a bit of there and replaced 90% of the engine and now the motor grumbles like a hard ass kitten right up until you stomp on the loud pedal then it growls properly and shifts like it didn't before!! Mucho impressed with it now :) I can't reccommend RSD enough, nice blokes and can sort your motor no matter what you've done to it.