What's your favourite pub car story

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you are having a drink with mates what is your favourite car story.

You know the one you churn out regularly and probably embellish each time you tell it.

The one where I crashed my first car after 2 weeks whilst fiddling with the radio trying to negotiate a corner on slippery gravel is mine.

I had just finished fiddling with my fuel pump and actuator on the old D turbo. Took it for a blast and ended up out accelerating an Audi TT at a set of lights in Rayleigh! No one believes me, except one who had been in it.

My favourite pub story is from one of a group of guys that I meet to chat about all things SAAB. :)
Now he knows a guy who knows a guy who claims that once upon a time he use to be a wheel man for some naughty people.
He once out drove 2 police cars and a helicopter and made good his escape without a single scratch on the car :rofl:

Dunno about pub stories but forum stories always make me smile.

Back in the day on the Vectra B forums there used to be massive arguments as to what was fastest. This was when the engines over the Vec B lifespan went from 1.8 to 2.0 to 2.2 to 2.5 to 2.6

So of course you'd get the "my 1.8 was as fast as a 2.0 I raced" and "my 2.6 was as fast as a 2.6 I raced" threads which if you added them together would have "proved" that the 1.8 Vec was as fast as the 2.6 Vec.