Whats up?

Ice

Wrench Pro
Car
1995 Eclipse GS
Hello, I am new(obviously). I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, it still has the stock 420A Chrysler engine(unfortunately) but does has an upgraded, aftermarket exhaust plus header on it. I want to turbo the car some how, and have posted a threat on it so if you have a suggestion, can you please drop by and lets talk about it.
Thank you!

tcsmileysign.gif

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Hey and welcome to the site mate
adding a turbo is possible but it is alot of work and £££ where as it could well be cheaper buying a turbo car to begin with
quick read here
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/

Buying a turbo car would be better but this 95 is actually my first car, and I have done an engine swap(in a 96 civic)but that was NASP to NASP because we blew it up lol. Im actually getting this eclipse for a cheap price, and I am willing to pay what it will cost for the turbos and parts, I just do not know how to set up the turbos or where to start. I actually came across the forums looking for articles on this and I ended up reading the article on NASP to turbo already. I did start a thread(which no one has offered help on yet)for the specific vehicle and project... Honestly I do not even know what kind of turbos would be best for a street application..

rather than trying to fit a turbo to your nasp engine - which if you were wanting to run anything other than low boost - would mean stripping and rebuilding the engine with stronger parts along with lowering the compression of the engine.
then youve got the turbo itself to work out what would be best for the engine. would suggest the turbo around the size of the gt25 or 28. add onto that the mapping of the engine, unless its been done before then the mapper would be working blindly so you would have to make sure they know their stuff.

so another option may be using another already turboed engine, such as the lancer evo for example. at least from there it would just be a case of making it fit and if you fancy adding to the power afterwards then at least there is off the shelf parts for the engine etc

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back