What would YOU do...?

elborracho

Hey guys, I'm new on the site and would like some help. I was given an assignment to assemble an engine given certain criteria and money,($5,000) using Summit parts only. Here is how it reads:

"Requirements:
Using Chevrolet ZZ4 Crate Block and using $5000 of "Summit Cash" [regular money] biuld an engine with the desire to have the largest power output possible. It will need a carburetor, fuel pump and plug wires, intake manifold, (carbureted) distribututor, water pump, damper and flex plate, cam, lifters, heads, etc. These engines are rated at 355 Horsepower and 405 lb.- ft. of torque as delivered. The engine must remain carbureted. You must specify what components you have chosen and why, if possible build your engine in Desktop Dyno and provide the results.

Specs:

Engine Type - Chevy Small Block V-8
Displacement (cu in)- 350
Bore X Stroke - 4.00 X 3.48
Block - Cast Iron with 4-bolt Main caps
Crankshaft - Forged Steel
Connecting Rods - Powdered Metal Steel
Pistons - High-Silicon Alumium with offset pins
Compression Ratio - 10:1"

If anyone has had experience putting something together like this, (with a budget and all) advice would be greatly appreciated. The "why" part of it is not as important, I can figure that out, and details would be very helpful as well. You can contact me through Private Messaging, Email or AIM, because I'll be trying to get it done by the end of the weekend if possible. I'm hoping for this to be a good learning curve because I'll be trying to get hired at a tuning shop soon, the trickiest part is the budget. Any help and advice is appreciated, Thanks :)

The engines are pretty strong. I would bolt on a supercharger and just uprate the fuelling for maximum power gains. If the CR was lower you can run a little more boost so perhaps a stroker kit increasing the displacement is an easy option. (Sorry about the late reply - I've been offline all weekend due to work stress! :cry: )

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back