What was your first 1/4 mile run like?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Everyone remembers their first time - what was yours like? Did you get the quarter mile bug instantly after your first run or were you hooked before you tried it?

I was a little worried about the car. I had done nothing to prepair a 36 year old car for the weekend of punishment that laid ahead and expected to be going home on a trailer. But the old beast did me proud and ran a trouble free weekend. I think the times could have been a little better with a best ET of 16.771 at 81mph

Does an 1/8th mile run count. First time I stalled the engine then I wheelspined like crazy and got 19 seconds but it was a real adrenaline rush which i enjoyed.

so finer your time is slighty slow than a cosworth? they do 15's i think? my friend pez he has a reggy 5 and it does it in 11's. 8)

Yup, a Cossie should do a mid 15. When you take the age and weight of my ol' beast I was quite proud of that.

The little 5's were awsome motors. 8) Probably the only french car of that era that I would willingly pay for.

My 1st 1/4 of a mile was quite hillarious! I challanged an Altezza....ffhuuu....Badd experience!

Altezza is just another name for a Lexus like Opel and Vauxhall, hope that clears that up for ya fingers :D

My first 1/4 mile time was something like 15.6 secs (on a damp track too), that day I got my time down to 14.845. This was at Bruntingthorpe proving ground. Next time out at Santa Pod I got the car down to 14.40.

waynne said:
Thats pretty good - what you running with paul?

VW Golf Mk1 with 2 litre 16V. Its stripped to save weight (but still has glass in, remains road legal, etc). Yesterday I bettered my PB, by running 14.15.