what kind of bhp would a 1.5 non v-tec civic push out.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By crs on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 12:24 pm: Edit

what kind of bhp would a 1.5 non v-tec civic push out. a can't find any specs

By Anonymous on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Next to nothing, around 88 hp thats just what i've seen on a dyno. You are better off buying a used powerplant out of a civic SI or an integra. The civic Si engine pushes out about 160 hp, B16A2. The integra engine is bigger it is 1.8 liters and pushed out anythwere between 160 hp and 200 hp, engine code B18. If you want to really get going you would want to buy the Honda Prelude engine, H22. Which is a 2.2 liter that pushed out 200 hp. You can buy engine swap kits on the internet.

a b16 is only a 1.6 mate ur looking for a b18c5 witch is a honda integra eninge pushing out 210 easy ill send u a link on were to import them quite cheeply if u really want to do it any think about gimme a shout i know my *#*#*#*# ignor this

dude if u really want power get a civic vti or esi d16 or b16 ,
and then turbo that bitch and u would be runing 270 bhp
on 9 psi only , theres a few people that work with honda turbos
one place is called CPL in kent ,they can make it happen
and iam currently doing the same thing to my civic d16
ive got a t3/4 turbo, intercooler the works and if any1 needs
some help with it or wants to see how it turns out e-me or pm me.

Faith - the site you recommended only takes paypal payments - something I'm a little wary about. They do seem to know their stuff though.

It's worth noting that if you import an engine from outside the EU you will also have to pay Import Tax & VAT! Could add another 30% to the cost!

well they did give me that as a total quote but i know wghat ur saying about paypal give them a message i jsut got give it by one fo my mates who got a crx v tec engine for his mini (still trying to gett it in tho ahahah) cpl are a *#*#*#*#*#*#*# great company check them out

waynne said:
Faith - the site you recommended only takes paypal payments - something I'm a little wary about. They do seem to know their stuff though.

It's worth noting that if you import an engine from outside the EU you will also have to pay Import Tax & VAT! Could add another 30% to the cost!

get them to send it like a pressent then u dont pay nothing i have done that before with parts from america and works well.