what is the best boost to run 307 hdi 90hp.

Jizzy

Hi I'm thinking to tweek the turbo on my hdi to bring in more boost what is a safe pressure (bar) to goto with out trashing turbo engine etc. Thanks

Hey and welcome mate

couldnt be sure mate. but with modern units youd need to get the ecu remapped, just turning up the boost will cause the car to go into limp mode ( in most cases means no boost at all ) a remap will increase the boost limit in the ecu as well as increasing the boost as well along with adjusting the fueling to match.
A decent remap will cost you between £250-500 depending where you go and if its the generic or custom remap. (generic is roughly the same as pug will have done to all cars 1 map loaded into all ecus where as custom will take into account how well the car is, any mods done to the car and the drivers driving )

Hi cheers for that I've already had the car remapped bit of a pain as it has a seimens ecu on it so they couldn't re-program had new chips in instead. The reason I asking is that I 've had a boost gauge given to me and while fitting it I was thinking of tweeking the boost.Thanks

i know with mine my ecu goe into limp mode when it reaches a boost pressure of 1800mBar (0.8 bar boost plus 1 bar atmosphere) and the highest ive recorded through the diagnostic port was 1760mBar. if yours is the same, with different parameters of course, then you might be able to wring only 1 or 2 psi more out of it. it would depend on how high whoever chipped it allowed the boost to reach

The limp home mode will depend a lot on the chip and how it has been setup. Try increasing the boost in very small amounts, ideally youll need a rolling road to do this. I certainly wouldnt go further than 2 psi unless I had a some diagnostic reports and could see what the engine was doing fuel wise. You are probably near the limit of your fuel delivery so might end up running lean.

What year is it and is it the 8v head or the 16v head?

I'm pritty sure if it's the 8v head then it's going to be similar to the 306 hdi's whcih have 90 hp

they don't have intercoolers and the wastegate arms aren't controlled by the ECU

so i wouldn't increase the boost with out getting an intercooler because you'll probebly find the your currently running about 10psi of boost and on any application (petrol, diesel tuebo or supercharged) that probebly the limit with out the use of an intercooling

if you fit an intercooler and a full exhaust and get a remap 150 hp is easiley seen...