What do I need too turbo charge?

KillerDuck

Car
2007 Subaru Impreza
Now I know some people may laugh at this but I’m still trying my best to
Figure out cars and what/when to do things. I own a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i N/A that’s 100% stock. Now I want to turbo charge it as I would like to increase power and speed but I have no idea where to start. Do I have to upgrade certain things before installing the turbo? Can it be installed with the rest of the car being completely stock? If I do need to upgrade parts where should i start? If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

Hello and welcome.
I like to think I have a little knowledge on this due to messing around with my Impreza for the last few years.

First thing I have to say is - dont do it! The 2.5 Impreza engine is made from chocolate. Even the already turbocharged versions melt once boost is turned up, to take an NA version and put all that extra pressure through it will destroy your engine very quickly. The pistons warping, the rings cracking, rods snapping, are just a few of the things I read about happening.

Unless! you happen to be able to get your hands on a JDM 2.5 engine, and associated parts (turbo, pipes, exhaust, ECU, wiring loom etc). In which case you may be good to go.

If you are still keen take a look at this https://www.torquecars.com/tuning/adding-turbo.php and if you have any questions (likely) after reading that then please just ask :)

However if you never come back to read the answer to your question, then why bother?

Last edited: