VW polo 1.4 2008

RuanOpperman

Car
2008 VW Polo 1.4
Hey guys im new to this website...

I currently have a VW polo 1.4 (2008 Model) and i am very disappointed in the power...

I have decided to either upgrade the car completely or buy selling it and buying the 1.9 TDI (74 Kw)

Can you guys suggest things like brakes,suspension,turbos/supperchargers and everything in between...

I live in South Africa and i have about 15000 Rand ( 1950 US Dollar ) to upgrade my car...

Please help me out here guys...

Im aiming to get my car up to 110 HP.

Oh and i have drum brakes at the back which is terrible.:embarrest:

do you not get the 130bhp enigne in SA (round about 97kw) ?
would be cheaper than trying to build up the 1.4 engine.
have heard about a turbocharged 1.6 - 1.4 and 1.6 engines are nearly identical, that made 150 but spend most of the time in the garage getting fixed.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hello

Yes i would like to get to 97 KW in my car..

Any suggestions anyone?

I heard that turbo charging can be very expensive?

Please suggest some products for turbos and everything that goes with it such as sensors turbo size turbo pressure etc.

Thank you for all your warm welcomes!

Also my car currently has low profile tires and as i reach a speed of 140 km/h or more the ride really becomes dangerous as my car bounces from right to left and vice versa and it feels as if my car is gliding on the road....

im going to upgrade the suspension and brakes, will this fix the problem or should i relace rims and tires?

Yes turboing is very expensive,
like i said there is one on a VAG forum that was a 1.6 engine but i think even he gave up on it in the end.

easy way of getting power, rip out the 1.4 and get a 1.8t from the golf fitted.
the 97kw engine is the 1.9 diesel engine but this would be just as much hassle as trying to trubo your current engine.

id say get your suspension checked out by a profesional

Okay i have decided to do an engine swap in my polo...

So i have a 1.4 2008 polo sedan and i want to replace the engine with a 1.8 turbo golf gti (132 KW) engine...

Now i need advice...

I heard that i need to change the engine harness and upgrade the suspension, ECUand most importantly the gearbox, is this true?

Can you guys please give me some precautions and things i need to do in order for this to work?

Thanks a lot!

Yes.
plus you will also need to get the ECU changed to remove the immobiliser as it works with the Key, ECU and the clocks on the dash.

gearbox - the 132Kw engine should come with the 6spd box, try and get the 5spd one as its cheaper to replace the clutch and flywheel - less than 1/2 of the price.
then again you may want to source the gearbox from the 1.8gti polo and driveshafts

Hubs will need changed to allow for the bigger brakes from the golf. -

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back