Vectra suspension

vauxmad8

Wrench Pro
Car
vectra cdx 2.5
Hi all just wondering if any of you no what sort of suspension would be better for my 2.5 vectra,as mine is the cdx model its very much at sea if you no what i mean,the thing is i want to lower it with a good ride,dont want coilovers cos of the ride being to harsh i just want good driveability with good handling so any one got any sugestions will be very greatfull thanks all:)

The best set-up I found whilst I owned my Vectras was Bilstien B4 Gas Shocks and a set of Eiback Pro Sport Springs @ 40mm. Good set-up and not over the top either.

Hi thanks for that, a few people have said about billy shocks,do you no were i can get a set of b4's from, and the springs are about £100 arnt they

Vectras have never been great in the handling/roadholding department so there should a quite a lot of room for improvement without spending major money. You're probably never going to achieve Mondeo or Primera like grip and driving characteristics but firmer dampers and a front strut turret brace will help enormously.

Don't stiffen the anti-roll bar too much as this can lead to front wheel scrabble and bounce.

If there's a way to fit a modest rear AR bar that, too, will firm things up a lot.

Decent tyres, Continental Sport Contact or Premium Contact work well.

Overly stiff springs and AR bars don't help that much, unless you're on racetrack smooth roads (not many of the here, sadly) - firm damping is much more effective in my opinion.

Making the ride rigid (like a trolley jack ;) ) usually results the the tyres spending a lot of time not fully in contact with the road.

Last edited:
The rear AR bar, suspension (not what I suggested above) and brakes can all be upgraded for about £100. Just get the parts from a facelift Vectra GSi (prefacelift has thinner AR bar and 10mm smaller brakes). Poly bushes all round is one of the best ways to get to the same standard as the Moneos etc. You just need to know what to do. My Veccy GSi was on 25mm Eibach spring, Bilstien shocks, poly bushes and uprated AR bar. Handled very very well. Plus if you wish to go for strut braces, go the whole hog and get the front upper and lower sturt braces, and the rear upper and lower. This will help emensly

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back