Upgrading Boxster 2.7 986

BrunoBoxster

Car
Porsche Boxster 2.7
Hi there,

i've read the topic on Induction kits and i thought it was great, congratulations for writing it.
However i have a doubt, i would like to fit a cold air intake in my boxster 2.7 and most likely an air filter, but i don't really know which choice to make between the variety of products in the market as there are kits from K&N, AFE, EVO, AGENCY and conic filters from BMC, K&N, etc...
I'm interested in gaining some torque and i don't mind about the sound, because form what i've heard it's great. I will be doing some more modifications, but i'm doing it moderatly, so that i can enjoy the upgrades step by step.
That being said, could you kindly help me in my decision please.;)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

BMC and K&N do some very good performance panel filters and these will actually produce a little more noise from the car as well, not as much as a proper induction kit mind you. Not too familiar with the other makes that you mentioned; maybe one of the lads here can advise you further if they are any good. If you intend to fit the cold air intake system yourself, then I would suggest buying one specifically for your model of car. This way, you are less likely to have to make any major modifications to make the kit fit.
There are some very good universal kits available from companies such as Demon Tweeks, who have a whole variety of ducting pipes and tubes, both solid and flexible, with all manner of Ram Pipe finishing ends to choose from.