types of car

trigga_bc

ok people as the topic says what types of cars do you use?

What are the best sort of shells you can get and drop big engines?

What sort of car is the right size and layout for drag racing?

Whats size engines you got in your shells?

eg fiesta shell - mondeo engine or corsa shell - calibra engine etc

cheers Trigga

Look at the pro drag cars for isnpiration. They are long with massive real wheels, so perhaps a Corsa that has been stretched with a wide body conversion on the rear would be best :wink:

Rear drive and engine over rear wheels will help traction.

waynne said:
Look at the pro drag cars for isnpiration. They are long with massive real wheels, so perhaps a Corsa that has been stretched with a wide body conversion on the rear would be best :wink:

Rear drive and engine over rear wheels will help traction.

So something like an MR2 would be a good start?

The engine in an MR2 is mid mounted - but I guess this is better than a front mounted engine. (The engines are a pig to work on and need to be removed for lots of 'simple tasks' like cam belt changes etc...

A lot of draggers have Front mounted engines and rear wheel drive so this does seem to work well and is probably the most popular setup.

What about 4x4 vs RWD - any preferences there guys?

I will alway favour RWD for the strip as it is easier to kep the power down without spinnng up. FWD tend to give problems with traction and torque steer on launch and 4WD transmission absorbs too much of the engines power before it gets to the wheels but on the flip side is better for traction on the launches.