Torque Cars

Type R Mods

Discussion in 'Integra Owners' started by azrielrules, 14 January 2011.

1. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    oh yep awesum thanks mate

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Your name has now gone bold so you can now upload.;)

3. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    this is my itr that ive been talking about, not the best pic as it come from my phone, will create a album soon so that i can put the complete pictures of engine and everything how it is now before i start then post upgrades as i do them

Attached Files:

4. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    TBH it's not my cup of tea but it was mine I would do the following:

- Lose the body kit. Get the OEM kit back on it as it looks much better.
    - Ditch the chrome wheels. Get yourself something smaller in gold/white or black.
    - Get a carbon fibre bonnet.

5. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.

Bit harsh but TBH thats so last year. Thats all you see on Jap cars round here it's getting really boring.
    I like this because it's different and thats where it's at if you ask me.
    I just like to be different.;):lol:

6. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    It's not just a fashion thing IMO, the standard bodykit is better for aerodynamics and dropping down a size in rims means he can get more rubber onto the tarmac meaning he will put more power down.

But I do think it looks better. For all we know, bodykits may well be 'in' over there.

7. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    each to their own, i have the origanal white racing alloys which i use when going to the track just because theyre half the weight of the chromes and the origanal kit coz its not as low i just like it how it is for the looks, i have sourced a nice fibreglass bonnet with carbonfibre print now just gotta save the money for it and the headers and de-cat system, the best deal ive found so far is $2100nzd for the lot and thats including my coldair induction aswell

8. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    When I had my Honda Civic I paid £550 for a genuine carbon fibre bonnet from Seibon. Which CAI are you going for?

9. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    im going to custom one myself ive already a sinota pipe with podfilter on the end of it(the oem box was long gone before i got the car) so i figure enclose poddy and bring coldair into it from behind the front bumper/grills. the bonnet im looking at has got vents around near the engine so that will also help with dispersing the heat, i dont know but every honda ive had seems to throw off more heat than most cars i always put it down to them reving higher than the average car?

10. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    genuine carbon fibre bonnets are around $1200 here

11. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    I personally haven't ever noticed Hondas giving off more heat but having to work harder would be the logical answer.

How much is the custom CAI costing you?

12. azrielrules

azrielrules Wrench Pro

otaki, new zealand
    Car:
    type r integra
    $40 for all the piping and for the box it depends what material i end up using, im still trying to work out what will be best for keeping the heat out, most air intakes from the shop are upwards of $300 so im looking if i can do it all for under 200 will be very happy

13. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    There is usually a reason they are expensive though. It was me I'd get an AEM v2.

But if you can get the same gains from a custom set up then fair play!

14. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Tuner

Nowra, Australia
    Car:
    Honda DC5
    I have spoken to a fair fe people and thet all suggest breathing moda. The stock airbox if fine as is and sometimes getting a new one just isnt worth it. Go 4-2-1 headers and a highflow system done wonders for my car :) i am also going K-pro on the stock engine and apparently thats the best bang for your buck going these days.