Twin charging a Volvo s80

FireFighter125

Car
Volvo S80 2005
Hi all, I'm interested in adding a supercharger to my 2005 s80, but I'm not really sure where to start. I want to add low end torque and take off speed, since the existing turbo gives me high end power, but it doesn't have to be anything too crazy. I'd like to do it without having to upgrade a million other things to keep up with the supercharger if possible. So I guess the first thing I need to know is what type/brand to look at getting. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Here you go, a twin charged T5.

In short, you'll have to lose the aircon, replace the aircon pump with an eaton m45 supercharger,
you will need an intercooler between the turbo and supercharger and another intercooler after the supercharger, a lot of pipe work, a bypass system and a custom map.

Well, here's the thing. I quite enjoy AC on a hot summer day, and I ain't a millionaire. I understand the need for custom mapping, but if I run the pipe to a Y that joins into the flow from the turbo, would that work? Theoretically that would eliminate the need for one of the intercoolers. Maybe I just don't understand the mechanics of it all, so please tell me if that's the case haha.

Well, here's the thing. I quite enjoy AC on a hot summer day, and I ain't a millionaire. I understand the need for custom mapping, but if I run the pipe to a Y that joins into the flow from the turbo, would that work? Theoretically that would eliminate the need for one of the intercoolers. Maybe I just don't understand the mechanics of it all, so please tell me if that's the case haha.

No, that wouldn't work, if you don't have a way of cooling the charge to the supercharger, the lobes will expand and lock up on the casing. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if a person needs to ask the question about compound charging, then they're probably not up to the task, unless you can do all the work yourself. It would be a lot cheaper to just buy an S60 T5 or why not just replace your low pressure turbo on your car with a high pressure turbo off a T5.

OK so give me the rundown on upgrading the turbo. Part of doing this is to learn some new stuff so you'll have to be patient with me

OK so give me the rundown on upgrading the turbo. Part of doing this is to learn some new stuff so you'll have to be patient with me

Simple, unbolt your 14t turbo, bolt on a 16T off an S60T5 / V70T5, also replace the injectors off the same car (blues) and get a remap, that should take you from 207bhp upto around 280bhp

Ok, one last question. Once I get the turbo installed, does it needs to be remapped right away? Like if I drive it somewhere to get the mapping done after it's installed will that hurt anything?