Torque Cars

Turbocharger

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo' started by Ghoul, 11 May 2006.

1. Ghoul

Ghoul Newbie

Beirut Lebanon
    What do you think of having a turbocharger on a 156 2.0 selespeed good idea or not??

2. the_names_james

the_names_james Torque Junkie

Surrey, UK
    If you have the $$$ to do it, and the skills required to set it up, go for it, I'm sure it'll put a smile on your face.

3. FFCBadger

FFCBadger Wrench Pro

South Coast, UK
    Sounds like a spanking idea!! Wouldnt have a clue how to get started though...and you'd ave to start with a very solid engine.

And whilst surfing just now I found this!!!!

http://www.turbonator.com/WhatIsIt.html

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    If turbonator really worked that well then manufacturers would fit this as standard. There are a lot of negative reviews of intake swirling products around the net so tread carefully. If you really want a swirl vortex then get an old Dyson vacuum - the clear drum bit is all you need and this will accelerate the air and filter out particles down to 0.5 or whatever microns.

5. Ghoul

Ghoul Newbie

Beirut Lebanon
    I've had a turbonator installed on my car doesn't do much t least i didn't feel a difference and it can be a hazard to u r engine if anything were to break away from it!!!

if you guys like look up www.powersystem.fr sounds interesting thinking of getting myself one if I don't go through with the turbocharger!!

6. mramunro

mramunro Newbie

Car:
    Alfa 156 JTS
    Ghoul,

Did you try the power ststems boost pack? whats the results?

alex

7. basi90

basi90 Newbie

Slowenia - Ljubljana
    Car:
    Alfa 147 1.6 16v
    1. Lower compression ratio to 7:1
    2. Would be good to change pistons to forged pistons
    3. Buy exhasut manifold, turbo, intercooler, pipes, gaskets, flanges for downpipe
    4. Install all components then you need to feed turbo with oil (T bracket on oil pressure and oil drain can be done just by removing an oil pan, clean it and make a hole for the drain).
    5 Test if everything seals and go to dyno to set the ecu details ( ignition time, ....)

Costs for all new material arround 2000 - 5000 eur (here in Slowenia)
    Costs for used material 600 - 2000 eur ;D

ALmost forget, this is for start and it's basic. For next level and more hp you need bigger injection, stronger fuel pump, stronger engine block...

Hope it helps!
    Take care

Last edited: 22 July 2014
  8. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings basi90 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

9. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Oil return from turbo needs to be app 12mm id as it is gravity feed and must be above the full oil level in the pan and as straight as possible with minimal bends.

10. basi90

basi90 Newbie

Slowenia - Ljubljana
    Car:
    Alfa 147 1.6 16v
    Thank you for warm welcome :D

And yes TCJBOLDIE this is correct.

11. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    I suggest that you lose it! Let some other mug find it.