Turbo Questions.

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
hey all at torque cars I have a 2000 Honda accord 1.8 and looking to possibly show it this year I read all you rules and think that they are just common sense and common courtesy/manners
Welcome mate just curious what do you mean show this year? And glad you understand and appreciate the rules! They make this forum what it is!

Hi every one at tc , thanks for having me and i just bought a 207 gti and after 11 years of track days on a bike and having children i thought of going back to road rallies but cant use a turbo engine in this sport any ideas what i can use as an engine and what mounts can i get for the mod??
Welcome can I ask what's the matter with the engine in your 207?

Welcome mate just curious what do you mean show this year? And glad you understand and appreciate the rules! They make this forum what it is!

Welcome can I ask what's the matter with the engine in your 207?
Nothing, but would it run without the turbo?

Firstly. Let me introduce myself. I'm a newcomer to this site. I have just acquired a Black Chev Lumina SS 6.0L - having waited many years to own one, in general. Hence name ('Blackbird' - as in SR-71 blackbird). To attempt to answer your question about the effects of removing your turbo from your 207, 1st check what the stated compression ratio of your car engine is (usually a low 8.8:1Ratio. Your glove compartment book will give you this info under 'engine specifications'. Generally, you'd have to replace conrods and piston-type to get back to decent compression ratios.

Hi every one at tc , thanks for having me and i just bought a 207 gti and after 11 years of track days on a bike and having children i thought of going back to road rallies but cant use a turbo engine in this sport any ideas what i can use as an engine and what mounts can i get for the mod??

Have a look at the classic sports car club website. they have a number of classes one of which should be suitable!