Turbo mod idea for my VS commodore. Any thoughts?

Car
VS crankydore
I'm in the process of putting a T5 5 speed in the VS at the moment.
In doing so I have a problem that the extractor hit the manual starter motor. I can "manipulate" it to fit but it would have to be by putting a DENT into the side of the extractor.
This brings me to the :idea: I have
I have an oversized TC06 turbo. with 50/70 impeller instead of the stock 30/50.
I have it in my plans to turbo the VS and the extractor issue has me thinking to do it sooner rather than later. Then I wont need to dent the extractors and maybe sell them instead. (Will make my own setup for the turbo to bolt up)
#another Q is It seems to me the waste gate exit on this Mitsubishi TC06
which is a built in type seem very restrictive. Obviously the turbo was originally of a 4 cyl. ( so I may opt for an external W/G setup.
Cost has to be kept to a minimum but thankfull I am handy in making most stuff myself so that helps.
My main thought though is to put the turbo down lower and having it join at the Ypiece. I realize this would cause heaps of lag though.
In some ways it wouldnt worry me as it would suit for the power to come in later. Then I thought :hmmm: what if a added an electric turbo to act as a primary boost till the TC06 kicks in. Recon this idea would eliminate some lag??
It's bound to be a not done thing but!

With the external waste gate idea I was even toying with the idea of a switching valve I've seen on ebay. I could divert the entire exhaust flow
to make it possible to activate or de-activate turbo. This idea's a wild one and will take some very nifty switches etc with the ECU changing fuel and timings and such (not impossible though). Starting to read up on the ECU hacking at the moment.
www.delcohacking.net
Found this forum which is a great read for learning how the ECU programming works. (In my case it is for GMH ecu's but the principle is the same and the guys on the site are very helpful and would probably be able to help with non GM vehicles) I'll be buying a plug to hook up my car and play with it myself.

I'm in the process of putting a T5 5 speed in the VS at the moment.
In doing so I have a problem that the extractor hit the manual starter motor. I can "manipulate" it to fit but it would have to be by putting a DENT into the side of the extractor.
This brings me to the :idea: I have
I have an oversized TC06 turbo. with 50/70 impeller instead of the stock 30/50.
I have it in my plans to turbo the VS and the extractor issue has me thinking to do it sooner rather than later. Then I wont need to dent the extractors and maybe sell them instead. (Will make my own setup for the turbo to bolt up)
#another Q is It seems to me the waste gate exit on this Mitsubishi TC06
which is a built in type seem very restrictive. Obviously the turbo was originally of a 4 cyl. ( so I may opt for an external W/G setup.
Cost has to be kept to a minimum but thankfull I am handy in making most stuff myself so that helps.
My main thought though is to put the turbo down lower and having it join at the Ypiece. I realize this would cause heaps of lag though.
In some ways it wouldnt worry me as it would suit for the power to come in later. Then I thought :hmmm: what if a added an electric turbo to act as a primary boost till the TC06 kicks in. Recon this idea would eliminate some lag??
It's bound to be a not done thing but!

With the external waste gate idea I was even toying with the idea of a switching valve I've seen on ebay. I could divert the entire exhaust flow
to make it possible to activate or de-activate turbo. This idea's a wild one and will take some very nifty switches etc with the ECU changing fuel and timings and such (not impossible though). Starting to read up on the ECU hacking at the moment.
www.delcohacking.net
Found this forum which is a great read for learning how the ECU programming works. (In my case it is for GMH ecu's but the principle is the same and the guys on the site are very helpful and would probably be able to help with non GM vehicles) I'll be buying a plug to hook up my car and play with it myself.

IMHO you would be far better joining an Australian Commodore forum as I'm sure there will be answers to all your questions there.

Dono if he can help you but there is a bloke in sydney that tunes cars on the road and instead of a dyno, and performance wise the results are far better than any dyno tune you can get,he's passionate about he's work and very very well priced, he works mostly on jap cars but well worth contacting him for a chat if you are interested. He's name is Toshi.pH:0410490049 or j-tech@tpg.com.au