Torque Cars

Turbo for pegeot 306 hdi

Discussion in 'Superchargers and Turbos' started by BakedPotato, 6 August 2019.

1. BakedPotato

BakedPotato Newbie

Nz
    Car:
    2001 Pegeot 306 hdi
    So I have looked through the threads, however briefly, and I haven't found what I was looking for.

Straight to the point:
    I want to Upgrade the current turbo on my 2001 Pegeot 306 hdi. It is completely stock and currently has 324***kms on it although it has been looked after well. I am unsure of what is currently connected but it will be whatever is stock. I want to upgrade the turbo for a bit more power and also some other things to make it sound better. As a motorbike kind of guy I know my way around tools but not really under the hood... I don't know much but I know I want some more power and a bit more noise without it sounding trash, maybe it just needs a retune with this many kms. I do love the sound of a diesel turbo though.

obi_waynne likes this.
  2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    If you want a simple upgrade then look for a hybrid, where the stock internals have been changed out for better ones (typically go for something like K03S or GT2052 internals), this makes it a simple bolt on job. Then remap to get the best from it. Talk with our remapping sponsors (you'll see the add at the top of the page from time to time and they will setup a custom map to fully release the power of the turbo.

GT20 varients and RHF5's will slot in nicely, with a minimum of work.

The GT1852V from the megane has been used on this engine if you custom build an adapter plate to cope with the shape of the compressor outlet.

GT20S are popular turbo upgrdes if you want to go to the max and are happy doing the work.

BakedPotato and Lunchmoney like this.
  3. BakedPotato

BakedPotato Newbie

Nz
    Car:
    2001 Pegeot 306 hdi
    Thanks for this, I'm still new with turbos and all the info on them but this is a great help

obi_waynne likes this.