tuning tips b20vtec

b20civic

Car
B20vtec 98 civic2dr
Hey guys do you have any tuning tips for a b20vtec. I need some help I cant seem to make this car go any better. So far its stock but an intake and cam gear any help will do. thanks in advance.

Juding by others on here I would say a fast road cam is needed along with some decent exhaust headers and a good quality induction kit. Then you get a remap done.

How much money are you willing to spend on this project though? If money is tight then just do the exhaust and induction kit for now.

I know someone was recommending fuel pressure valves but TBH I dont know much about these or even if they work the B20.

Juding by others on here I would say a fast road cam is needed along with some decent exhaust headers and a good quality induction kit. Then you get a remap done.

How much money are you willing to spend on this project though? If money is tight then just do the exhaust and induction kit for now.

I know someone was recommending fuel pressure valves but TBH I dont know much about these or even if they work the B20.

yeah money is kinda tight these days for me although I do have a nitrous kit installed in the car already.

supercharge it.

B20 is showing as non vtec and not that powerful (126bhp

Supercharge not a bad idea but I really want to go n/a thats why I dont use my nitrous. The car already has vtec I used a b16 head for it and the stock b20 block tahts why at the same time I dont want to use the nitrous knowing the fact the the b20 sleeves are weak.

Yup an engine swap gives the best bang per buck if you ask me. Even the 1.8 Integra engine would be better. :)

Umm this already and engine swap this is on a civic. A b20 compared to a b18 the b20 has way more power than the b18 because of its larger displacement the only thing is on the b20 you cant rev as high as the b18's, but all I can say I can launch b18's or b16's and take them on down the track.

Sorry - I actually meant to put Integra Type R engine. I've not actually compared a non VTEC 2.0 with a VTEC 1.8 ITR on a track but I think they will be pretty close.

The B20 holds more torque than a B18 (I think). If you just want a nasp engine with few breathing mods then I would personally go with the B18 from a DC2 Type R. For the biggest power gains you will need to look at boosting it (i.e. turbo).