Torque Cars

Tuning Options

Discussion in 'Audi forums' started by knifemundo, 3 January 2011.

1. knifemundo

knifemundo Newbie

El Paso TX
    Car:
    2004 Saab 9-5 Aero
    Hello all, i'm new to this place. I'm thinking of getting an Audi as a project car, something to keep in the garage and work on to drive on weekends. I want a car that I can say I took up past 400 whp, and i've always loved audi styling, as much as I love my SAAB. However i'm getting tired with FWD. I want to try the awd scene.

Anyways, i'm looking for suggestions as to what Audi to look at. Something moderately priced, which I'll get used awd and with a tranny with a high torque limitation. I love the TT and A4/5 body. The 2.0t might be something I may be more familiar with which is similar to what my saab has. However, i heard good things about the 1.8t. I'm not against a V6, but I do like the "greenness" of a 4 banger.

Any suggestions Audi guruu's. As a high school band director I need to keep my hands under the hood to keep my sanity sometimes.

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    400bhp from the 1.8t although not hard doesn get £££.
    the TT doesnt get real awd but main FWD and a haldex clutch to work the rear wheels when they slip

looking at the A4 body go back a few years to around 2002 and the S4 is a pretty good option V6 twin turbo gives around 250bhp in standard for but swapping the turbos for the slightly ore powerful ones and a map your looking at around 320-330bhp

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome! ;)

4. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Hello and Welcome to Torquecars.:bigsmile:
    Hope you enjoy your time with us.

5. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    UR Quattro without a doubt, the pinnacle of Audi's "proper" car making.

6. GTi94

GTi94 New member

Glasgow
    Car:
    None
    agree with pgarner, S4 would be a good choice. Maybe even the RS3.

7. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    The RS3 is only coming out in April 2011 so I think you mean the S3 which is a good car. The 1.8T engine in 225bhp format is a great base to work on. An older S4 would make a superb project car as it has a lot of stock performance parts already.

8. GTi94

GTi94 New member

Glasgow
    Car:
    None
    I thought that the RS3 was out already ? Oh well, S3 would be quite a good choice, as would the S4