Tuning for a 2.2 diesel

suttonn

Car
accord 2.2 cdti
Evening all, wondererd what tuning options I would have with a 2005 2.2 diesel accord with 50,000 miles. Heard about tuning boxes and remaps etc but which is the best and is an exhaust a viable option also. Places to buy them from would be good if poss.

Cheers:lol:

hey and welcome to the site mate.

remap is the generaly the best way as long as its from a reputable company. most "tuning boxes" are nothing more than resisters in a box that more or less keep the car on choke

Cheers for the reply no price on your web site though do i just ring up? the high miles is no issue then??

Neil

heyup mate,
I know of only one tuning box that works.. i know of plenty that have made cars run crap, have flat spots, overfuel, and 3 that have destyroyed engine..
The only time i would contemplate the fitting of a box is when the car has a hybrid ecu and cannot be remapped..
I can remap your car for £280 mate, including me coming to you...:)

www.sr-performance.co.uk

That is a really good price will definately keep you in mind need to convince the wife it is needed!! One final question is performance exhaust any use!! again heard it can help but can also make your car sound like a tractor?

Thanks again

Neil

assuming the emissions will not be effected for MOT purposes? Any places to get a good exhaust from?

thanks

Neil

Use your streetsmarts when going to the powerflow dealer. If the garage looks crap, most likely it is.

I visited a powerflow exhaust garage (won't name n shame) and asked for a 2.5" mandrel bent s/s decat.

I ended up with a standard steel 2.25" crush bent can of bees. That and they routed the piping so it went under the axle instead of over providing major clearance issues on a lowered car.

At no point was I asked about the sound I was hoping to achieve and the selection of mufflers was pitiful.

All in all, a crap job and not worthy of being a powerflow dealer.

Word of mouth is golden, but failing that just don't go there with your hand on your wallet. Ask questions and get a feel for them first.

;)