Toyota altezza rs200 problem

mgill

Car
toyota altezza
can someone pls kindly advise.

I have a toyota altezza rs200 and have recently had problems with it. Initially i thought it was the speedo, i replaced the speedo convertor but the management light was coming on and when i get to 40 mph the car jerks and i am not getting no power- the revs are up to 6000/7000 - i took it to lexus and they said that the oxygen sensor needs replacing. they did this for a cost of £266 and 10 mins after leaving the garage i had the same problem, i went back and they said that the oxygen sensor did need replacing and fobbed me off that the speed sensor is faulty and that as i had coverted to mph from kmh i need to take it to where that was done. they took no ownership. I really dont know what to do now or where to take the car? can anyone advise please

Hi Mgill and welcome to TorqueCars. Does the power still suffer or is it just the speedo that jumps around? Is the fault light coming back on?

Hi mate the management lights comes on when i do 40mph but occasionally it will cause high revs even when i move off from standstill. The power still is suffering.

Last edited:
I just cant see how a speedo reading can affect the running of the engine. ECU's tend to be load based rather than speed based. I'm ready to stand corrected though.

High revs implies to me that the temp sensor is playing up and it is switching into choke mode for a cold engine. Check the air temp sensor in the intake or it could be the engine temp sensor (this can be checked in boiling hot water with a volt meter across the contacts.)

but how did ur 02 sensor get damaged???
did you use leaded fuel???

have you check the fuel???
if it reaches high rev but looses power.. maybe it aint getting enough fuel...