tow bar off a Rover?

M

Misty Meg

I have a 1996 1600 Honda Civic 5 door saloon and want a second hand towbar. I've tried the scrap yards but they never have Hondas - but do have Rovers! I heard the cars' floor plan / parts were inter changed - can anyone confirm which model?

I recently found a Rover 420 SLi and thought it would fit - got it home and now the husband says he doesn't think it will....:blink:

Many thanks.

I think your husband is right. If I remember correctly it was the Rover 600 that shared the same chassis as the Honda Accord. So no I don't think it will fit.

nope mine was a 97 5 door and it was near enough identical, bar lights and wings, to my dad in laws 400.

also had the same problem when i cam to sell it as i couldnt find any civics so used alot of parts out of the 400

One tow-bar snag that sometimes occurs is due to face-lifts. The floor pan often stays the same but fatter "safety bumpers" are fitted to the MK2 versions. If perchance one has a MK1 tow-bar one may find that it won't fit a MK2 as the ball does not stick out far enough to clear the bumper. The reverse case of a MK2 tow-bar on a MK1 car is usually feasible except one will be apt to get bruised shins!

This comment applies to all makes.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back