Torque Cars

Toothpaste to restore headlights

Discussion in 'Car Styling' started by thexav, 15 January 2018.

1. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Here is an interesting tip..

Use toothpaste on your slightly scratched and misty headlights to bring them back to a like new condition.

I did something similar to this with a mild cutting polish and it worked well, I can only guess this will be less abrasive and probably more friendly.

So if you want minty fresh headlights try this tip! What do you use to fix your scratched plastic headlights?

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Seen this used on mobile phone screens. The toothpastes with whitening agents are usually more abrasive than the normal ones.

3. bogorge

bogorge Wrench Pro

uk
    Car:
    focus rs
    Had good results using 3m restoration kit.

4. jamie42

jamie42 Full member

oakland gardens, new york.
    Car:
    toyota corolla
    yeahh i used it too. It cleaned some of the scratches from rear bumbper too