Torque Cars

The Best Peugeot Model

Discussion in 'Peugeot forums' started by Pixel, 23 July 2007.

?

Which one do you prefer overall?

1. 106

30.8%
  2. 205

15.0%
  3. 206

20.6%
  4. 207

6.5%
  5. 306

16.8%
  6. 405

4.7%
  7. 407

5.6%
  1. Pixel

Pixel Road Burner

Swansea, Wales
    Car:
    Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
    The Best Peugeot Model

Naturally, I voted the 206, not because I have one but I generally believe thats its the nicest car Peugeot have ever made. And even though the Poll does not ask which one is the nicest, thats what I'm basing my answer on. As far as speed goes, the 205 GTI or 306 GTI-6 would probably get my vote.

2. Pixel

Pixel Road Burner

Swansea, Wales
    Car:
    Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
    Im also aware that I could've added a lot more options to the poll (207, 307 etc...) but I couldn't be bothered. I'm hoping that the options I chose cover the most popular ones (which I assume are the '06 versions).

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I drove a 207 on holiday and it was the worst car I have ever driven. The suspension and handling was vague. The 106 GTi is a veritable gem and keeps up with much bigger cars on twisty tracks.

4. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    106 quicksilver looks crisp, one of my favourites and possibly a next car. subtle body styling looks sweet.

5. blacklineninja

blacklineninja Track Warrior

My 205 was awesome!!! It was only a 1.0 litre but was about as good a first car as you could ask for.

Not fast by any means, but still quite nippy, ideal for the majority of town driving I do, and dead easy to go sideways on roundabouts in.

Imagine a car that handles like that with a powerful 1.9 engine like the GTi... it's enough to keep you awake at night grinning like a maniac :D :twisted:

6. Jim

Jim Torque Junkie

Scotland
    Come one, 106! GTi and Quicksilvers :D

7. nitroangel

nitroangel Wrench Pro

Under the hood
    Why is 207 not there:confused:

8. Pixel

Pixel Road Burner

Swansea, Wales
    Car:
    Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
    Added a few more models and erased all current votes.

9. antoniocete

antoniocete New member

portugal
    With out question

106 RALLY S1
    the most mean´st machine on four wheels:p:p:p:p

10. Freddie

Freddie Road Burner

Surrey
    I love 106's (almost as much as I love Saxo's and AX's), but for me, the 205 was the most ground breaking of the lot.. The T16 Rally car really was up there with the other Grp B cars from the likes of Audi. The more common GTi's are cool as fcuk too!

11. WRXASH

WRXASH Wrench Pro

Leeds (West Yorkshire)
    Car:
    Impreza WRX 2.0Turb
    i used to own a 106 GTI which i loved to bits ended up getting it to around 160/170BHP and it was alot faster than most "sporty" cars on road that had bigger engines because they are so light and was so much power, also they was brilliant for corners etc.. only reason i sold it was because i had done most things possible to gain power etc and wanted faster and more power but was toying with idea to put turbo on it but was ALOT of money and then ya could start doing damage etc and only front wheel drive so probably sit spinning wheels so went for option to move onto something faster and more power as standard.. Top car though and gets my vote

12. Freddie

Freddie Road Burner

Surrey
    Yeah, I agree, TU engines should definitely stay NA. Can quite easily get a reliable engine with 160/170 BHP, after this then you have to deal with an engine which spits valves and chews gearbox's!

Whack up some pics of your GTi if you have any? Did you sell it on to a club member?

13. WRXASH

WRXASH Wrench Pro

Leeds (West Yorkshire)
    Car:
    Impreza WRX 2.0Turb
    I Ended up selling the car to a friend of mine who loved the car nearly as much as me while i had it, so i know its in good hands and still see it from time to time. am not sure how to upload pics dont think i can? i could e-mail ya them and u try put them up?
    cheers

14. Freddie

Freddie Road Burner

Surrey
    You need to upload them to a server. Create a photobucket.com account (it takes a couple of minutes, then copy the 'IMG code' it gives you for the image into a post here.

15. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    or at the top of the page you should see photos ( inbetween profile and games ) click on it and upload photo.
    browse for the photo on your computer and upload

16. WRXASH

WRXASH Wrench Pro

Leeds (West Yorkshire)
    Car:
    Impreza WRX 2.0Turb
    Evreytime i post my reply on it kinda goes mental and then my pictures wont work.. am probably doing summat really stupid! al try upload them again :)

The 106 GTI...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hi WRX - the pictures look good. The problems you have been having are soley down to our forum configuration so sorry about that. All links and images posted by members with less than 10 posts require approval by a moderator. (You are nearly at 10 posts!) Once again sorry for the inconvenience, please bear with us.

18. WRXASH

WRXASH Wrench Pro

Leeds (West Yorkshire)
    Car:
    Impreza WRX 2.0Turb
    Alright mate sound cheers, wondered why it wouldnt upload the pictures. (should be at 10 now with this reply anyway)

will try put some pics of scooby up later when i get change on subaru forum.

i always looked after that 106 and it was in imaculate condition (always take pride to my cars and keep them clean etc)

19. Dev2836

Dev2836 Full member

camberley,surrey
    Car:
    peugeot 206
    peugeot 06 dam good car man...

20. DimmaThanDim

DimmaThanDim Wrench Pro

Hampshire
    The most fun Peugeot i ever had the pleasure of driving was a 205 T16 i borrowed at a race meeting when the engine blew on my car the previous day. I can only describe it as awesome!!!

21. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    I currently own a 306 DT the old turbo diesel and I love it....
    handles brillantly it's pritty quick and very torquey and economical
    I managed to buy a very low milage one in jan 2007
    Various family member have owned 306's and kept them for years
    My uncle had a similar model to mine but his was the phase 1 (mines a phase2 the phase 3 had the early hdi engine in it)
    grandad also had a p1 but was diesel N/a not quick at all but very economical and it did 250K and he sold it!

for me the 306 and 205 have got to be the best car they have done.....
    they just don't make them like that anymore....

22. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    250k is pretty good! Many cars struggle at 150k did he do much major work to it? I suppose how you drive affects the life of the car so I'm guessing he didn't do track days in it ;)

23. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    lol
    no just a trip to work every day...then again for a while it did tow a caravan...
    but still love the old dervs

far more reiliable the the new HDi's

Touch wood nothing gone major on mine as of yet...jsut got a problem with top end power at the moment :sad2:

24. xtremer106

xtremer106 Newbie

106 RuLeZ ;)

25. Danny180

Danny180 Wrench Pro

West Midlands
    Car:
    206 GTi 180
    206 GTi 180 is a force to be reckoned with, especially when you have a Tial Supercharger strapped to the manifold. I haven't found many cars that will out- perform this round the bends and hairpins of Billing Aquadrome or Donny.