temperature effect

ikekelihaha

Car
daihatsu charade
hye guys....i confuse with some story that say temperature of engine give effect to fuel consumption and performance.....but how...??....can some body explain to me.....:bigsmile:

when the engine heats up the metals expand slightly. When being manufactured by the engineers they design it so that after expansion there is very little friction between moving parts. This means the engine will turn much easier, reducing fuel consumption and increasing power. Also engine oil is a much better lubricant when warm.

when the engine heats up the metals expand slightly. When being manufactured by the engineers they design it so that after expansion there is very little friction between moving parts. This means the engine will turn much easier, reducing fuel consumption and increasing power. Also engine oil is a much better lubricant when warm.

ooowww.....i see....so what state of temperature that good for engine performance....as i known the normal temperature of engine along 75-90 'c....

It is also why you should never drive a cold engine hard. It increases wear dramatically.
F1 cars are built to such fine tolerances when it is cold the engine is seized. It has to be heated with warm water just to get it started. A system I wish I had on my car. Lol

The hotter the engine the more efficient it is up to a point.

guys....what about temperature air intake....??....i not understand hot air intake n cool air intake.....does it is give same effect to engine....?

:blink:

Cold air is more dense and carries more oxygen. Hot air simply has less oxygen in it. More oxygen means you can burn more fuel.

ooooww....ok....eeemmm....i have ask my lecturer...he said that cool air is good for combustion...but some time hot air required to make the burning easier.....