TCJB'S Type R

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
As some may already know I sold my 25 year RWD project car last year and have gone over to what some say is the dark side and now have a 2011 model FWD weekend car that I use for club level events.

Some call FWD's bum draggers or WWD (wrong wheel drive):eek: however they require a slightly different driving style to get the best out of them and to that end I have had the front camber increased to 2.5 deg negative and have just had an adjustable rear sway bar fitted after testing without it and finding that I need to reduce the front end push as much as possible.

FYI the rear bars job is to help lift the inside wheel a bit or a lot depending on it's setting as this will reduce the rear grip level and help the car rotate or turn in better.

I have also upgraded the front brakes to larger 2 piece discs clamped by AP Racing 4 piston calipers.

I have also taken some more instruction @ a training day so I do practice what I preach.:)

My new toy may have app 1/2 the power of the old highly modded turbo car but I have recently matched the old cars best lap due to higher corner speeds.|B

Most of my cars have been FWD with one 4WD exception!

Lift off oversteer is usually quite good fun when you get the hang of it.

I long to play with a decent RWD car on a track!