Taking the R36 to SantaPod this weekend...

You could always get your cams reground to a fast road profile. I think Kent and Piper offer this service.

Apparently they're already 'good' cams hence the ability to produce this ruler-flat torque curve.

Any idea if a 'fast-road' profile would wreck this?

OK - I've got the [modding] bug again.... :embarrest:

It's getting a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system on Monday 19th October!

Place your bets then.:lol:

1:1 odds on 1 month till more mods
3:1 odds on 2 months
4:1 odds on 3 months till more mods
9999:1 to no more mods at all

Went back to the pod today. Figured I would give things a whirl now the car has been remapped. It ran a 13.38s this time.

So the remap clearly made a difference. Not a fair test either, the pre-remap run was done on Shell V-Power 99RON and this wasn't as I couldn't find any locally. They'd also been throwing sand around the start line due to somebody spewing oil earlier in the day - which wasn't helping 60ft times even with 4wd.

I'm hoping so. Also an after-thought, there is 12'500 miles of crap in my paper air-filter. Think I will swap out for a performance panel filter before I go back!

I intend to go back soon with a Pipercross Panel filter and V-Power 99 in the tank. Maybe 2-3 psi more in the tyres too, as there where no traction issues. Also tempting is a DSG remap to up the launch control rpm.

Video of a run this weekend here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3Fz3AfRVs

You never know, with a tail wind I might get a 12.99 one day - but I doubt it..!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back