swap engine punto mk1 help

marcial

Car
punto mk1 75
Pardon my English my question is, I have a fiat punto mk1 75 (1.2 8v) and wanted to know what potential donors to make an engine change. already gt the turbo engine is viable but besides being scarce in Spain is too expensive. other options might have to be simple to install and even without changing anything. is otherwise viable turbo install this engine?.
thanks

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Some one will be along in a while to help you with an answer to your question!

Good luck ;)

Punto GT is the easiest and will offer best performance for your money. Bolts straight in but buying a whole GT donor would be best as you would need loom, clocks etc. You could do a 1.6 16v conversion using the engine from the bravo but one if the engine mount might need adapting I can't remember tbh.

thanks for the answers but what I want is something that does not have much complication and the turbo engine change I think is very complicated.
My intention would be a 1.6 engine or other it was 1.2 and to remove the donor engine without having to modify .....
The problem is that Spain does not have information on the compatibility of engines

Hi and welcome.

It depends on your knowledge on cars. I would like to think I know a thing or two, but would not attempt a turbo engine swap by my self. If you know someone with equil knowledge and this is a prodject, not your day to day car, then Id suggest having a go at it. That goes for turbo or NASP

The guy's on here can help you if you get stuck, and I'm sure one or two of them would gladly come out to help you during the months of Jun-Aug if the flights are payed!!! :blink1::bigsmile:

As for what sort of engine....Don't know sorry mate. Not my kettle of fish that. But good luck and keep us posted. :)

thanks for the answers but what I want is something that does not have much complication and the turbo engine change I think is very complicated.
My intention would be a 1.6 engine or other it was 1.2 and to remove the donor engine without having to modify .....
The problem is that Spain does not have information on the compatibility of engines

GT turbo engine change is easy, it's really the same as a normal engine change but with a turbo bolted on the back :lol: People do this conversion in a day ;)

thanks for the answers but the engine problem is not gt turbo installation is the price ...
in Spain comes almost as expensive to buy gt engine in good condition like buying a car gt no other engines used fiat as 1.6 or 1.8 you can get a good price and wonder why the possibility of using these engines and make an easy conversion . I've also read that you can make a reprogramming aggressive and get 20 hp in this model? you know something about this? thanks