Supra Idea

vevers69

This might just be an idea which would not work or be very expensive but I was thinking of buying a supra putting 2 massive turbos on it and supercharging it. The idea is the supercharger would work at low revs then the big turbos would kick in at higher revs.

1. Would this work?
2. How expensive do you think it would be?
3. Is there any extra mods I would need to do to make this work?

1, in theroy yes look at the lancia mmm rally car cant remember its name or the vw 1.4 tfsi engine

2. prob quite alot although if your buying the twin turbo supra it ill save you some work

3. gearbox i think most uk supras come with the auto box may be ripped apart
Bigger turbos mean more air/fuel mix being compressed so id say lower compresion kit
very wide alloys and tyres again for the bigger power and torque
a custom rewite

It would be easier with a small turbo for low revs and a secondary big turbo and a boost controller which brings the turbos online in stages. That way you get the best of both worlds. A boost controller on the standard twin turbo set up would work well also.

Bear in mind if you have too much low down power you will have a traction problem and most supra owners I know prefer to fit one large turbo and get the power in the mid range power band.

The idea of one small turbo and one big one is something ive also thought about but would be as good? I know it would be easier to do but i want my next car to be something really special.

if you bout the twin turbo version then it would be much easier
even if you left the turbos along an played with the rest of the engine
you could have some fun with it

The Supras are good for about 700 bhp in standard form before you start taking the engine apart and strengthening it.

Bring on the New Supra? (Lexus LFA or something like that!)

waynne said:
The Supras are good for about 700 bhp in standard form before you start taking the engine apart and strengthening it.

Bring on the New Supra? (Lexus LFA or something like that!)

yeah the first time i saw that car it was goingto be badged as the supra and mark 10 years since the last one rolled off the production line.

damn lexus stealing it for the luxury market